BC Boards

Training Foundation?

wyndrunhr

Well he looked and smelt like a real sheep dog when we got home. Went exactly as I expected. Not frightened of the sheep or anything else, keen to explore. He likes to take his time to figure things out before throwing himself in.

Derek got Risk's dad out and Risk wanted to play with him more than the sheep, which I'm sure he thought were just getting in the way.

However, there were a couple of occasions when his attention switched to the sheep and his instinct was to take a curved route round the back.

Having had similar dogs himself (one reason I went there) Derek is fairly sure that with little and often exposure he should come to it and there will be no stopping him.

Next step to try and book a couple of short exposure sessions with the nearer trainer before the clinic. Derek says he's a good bloke and we'll be OK with him.

Not discouraged as I didn't expect miracles and I know my dog's approach to new things.