Photo

Not a BC - but agility and a shameless brag.

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#141 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

About 2 years ago, we were just starting to trial.  Our first tunnelers run we were like .04 seconds over time and I was seriously concerned that we'd never, ever, make tunnelers times and that even if we did at novice there was certainly no way my dog and I were going to be fast enough for elite times, dear god. 

Yeah.  She ran elite tunnelers for the first time today - and got her Q. Not only got it, but was close to 10 seconds under time and with 4.9something YPS.  Like within a hair's breath of getting elite large dog time.   She was maybe the 3rd or 4th fastest on the course in all the jump heights.  

Amazing what some confidence and experience will do when applied to both sides of the equation. 

#142 gcv-border

gcv-border

• Registered Users
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:39 PM

Congrats.

Jovi

"Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog."  Charles F. Duran

#143 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

Congrats.

Thanks!  I'm really mushy about her lately.  She's suddenly been making a lot of progress at stuff I swore we were at a dead in on - and basically leaving me with the impression she's doing impossible stuff :P  

#144 Maja

Maja

• Registered Users
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:22 AM

Wonderful!

"Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds" - Prov. 27-23

#145 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:21 PM

Kylie got the last Open Weavers Q she needed for that title, today.  As well as 2 Elite Tunneler's Q, meaning she got that title, and her T'n'G run was the third fastest in the entire trial, amongst all the height classes.    She was blazing for that one and impressed lots of people, including me.   She's already got her elite title there, but it's her favorite class so  I doubt I'll ever stop doing it - it's her 'tunnelers' in the sense that it's where she really lights up and flies.    Need a couple of more chances Qs to get her open versatility - and I will definitely be focusing on NATCH classes for a while with her.  Want that title, darn it. 

Anyway, good day, all around, even if my knees hate the surface (indoors).  Tomorrow, Molly.  (I split them for this trial, each doing 1 day, since it's a 'games trial' (no regular/jumpers/chances and the classes each day are the same). 

#146 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

Kylie continues to be the most honest dog, ever - and to make me really, really proud.  She even impressed the snot out of the instructor.

We had a discrimination that I botched the handling of.  I got slightly confused in the sequence leading up to the contact/tunnel discrimination and as a result I was both out of position on the course and rotated in such a way that it was a hard freaking pull, physically.   She was HEADED for the dog-walk that was the wrong obstacle. 

But my god I said 'out tunnel' and she jolted over and took the tunnel without missing a beat. 

Pure verbal.  Even the instructor confirmed for me -there was nothing in my messed up body language doing a thing to indicate out, but she got it. 

That just.  Impresses the crap out of me and makes me all warm and fuzzy.  Not so much me botching things but she really, really tries her heart out and saves my butt a lot. 

#147 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

I got this in my email this morning: 

We're writing today to let you know that while you didn't quite meet the entire entry qualifications for Championships this year, we would still love to see you attend and compete with Kylie.

Well, that and the rest of the email.

It's not a particularly huge deal in the scheme of things, and I certainly can't go.  The email itself made me go look though and I was only a couple of Qs away from qualifying properly.   I'm proud of that - and my dog - dang it.  And, heck, maybe year after next when they're on this side of the country again I can qualify properly and even go. 

#148 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

4C5EOEkWJL7LJdChF5Up.jpg

Not the fastest dog ever, but that's on a regular course - ie: everything, including weaves?   She's definitely not slow.

#149 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

2CcoFDmWCjdPn5epF5Up.jpg

5tgAOxatnt0iD51vF5Up.jpg

She had some feelings about my (bad) distance handling. 

#150 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:17 AM

Chances is going to be the death of me - with Kylie.  Way, way easier with Molly.  Less time/room to correct but, you know, momentum and a long stride? Bonuses, there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.