BC Boards

Caught in the act!!!!!

post-6783-1175957174_thumb.jpgpost-6783-1175957193_thumb.jpg

Here's jenny eating the cake I baked to take to our family Easter Picnic :rolleyes: ! I was not done frosting it when a neighbor came to the door. I foolishly stepped outside and this is what I came back to. I should have known , the reason I came in was the other dogs were at the door barking like crazy ( they can't reach the counter ) I quess they were telling on her. Oh well back to the store for more cake mix! Happy Easter everyone. :D

LMAO! Congrats Jenny :rolleyes:

She wasn't really eating the cake, she was just trying to help you decorate it! :D

I can relate... Years ago (when my old dog was still a puppy) my mom baked two blueberry pies at my cabin. We went down to the beach while they cooled on the top of the stove... (Stupid, I know :D) Anyways, when we got back to the cabin, Freckles had eaten the centre part of BOTH pies, and left only the crust. How nice of him. We had ice cream from the store for dessert instead. :rolleyes:

Back in ~1968, when we were young and poor, I put Vikki in her crib for a nap and made a big batch of snickerdoodle cookies. Because she was asleep and I had the time, I made all the cookies and had them on all of my cookie sheets (a dozen cookies each on 5 sheets). Just as I finished and had the sheets on the table and was preheating the oven, Vikki woke and started fussing. I went to her, got her out of the crib, changed her diaper, and headed back to the kitchen.

Vamp, our year-old lab-shepherd, had eaten every cookie except the few so far back on the table that she couldn't stretch to eat them. And, just as I started to cry about the sugar and butter that went to waste (we were counting every penny), the @#$%^&*ed dog threw the whole mess up on the braided rug!

I remember sitting on the kitchen floor, bawling.

We did love that dog for all 15 years of her life - anyhow.

lol, Well I dont have any stories as bad as nancy's lol. But we did just put Rohan on raw, and I was slicing french dip steak and went to take Riven out or the phone rang, I cant remember. Anywho by the time I came back, the cat was up on the counter, chomping down on my steak!! LOL I ended up cutting the end off and feeding that to him for dinner. What a little punk.

Anywho by the time I came back, the cat was up on the counter, chomping down on my steak!!

Been there too! I once left Kyla's fish dinner on a kitchen counter to thaw, and went somewhere, and when we came back it was gone! All of it, without a trace. The only place it could have gone was that old cat's lil' tummy :D Luckily Kessie doesn't like that kind of fish, otherwise there would have been twice as much and that fat old cat would have burst stuffing it all in. As it was, she only got a severe case of smugness.

The dogs don't counter surf...which is almost a pity somehow :rolleyes: . That cake looks yummy.

Missy wouldn't dream of counter surfing. She just knows that food on the counter is not to be touched. However, last week I was sitting curled up in a chair with a donut and a glass of milk. I was holding the milk between my legs so I could eat the donut when I looked down to see Miss lapping up the milk out of the glass. Of course, this was soon after we had returned from the barn where she had snacked on sheep placenta - yuck! I went and got a clean glass and fresh milk.

lol Shadow was the worst at my house.

lets see....

there was the time my mom made homemade eatmore bars for a meeting the next day, she left them to cool on the table overnight. the next morning the tray was empty, my mom started yelling at my dad for eating them all. at least until she noticed the little pawprints on the table lol

my mom made a roast for supper, she had it on the counter ready and went to pick us up from school, my dad arrived home about the same time. we walk in the house...to find the lovey Roast dinner gone and the tray on the floor.

oh she stole and entire block of butter once too lol

:rolleyes: Got one of those too! I'd made a lovely batch of Bolognese sauce one day - about 1lb of ground beef went into it - lots of tomatoes, onion, garlic, and even a bit of chili powder. It was cooling on the stove - handle carefully turned to the back - I was planning to heat it up later for dinner, and really looking forward to it - but I made the bad decision to go mow a bit of grass. Came back to find the frying pan upside down on the floor, and almost all of the contents gone. Since I had seen Fergus outside while I was mowing, it was pretty clear the culprit was little Miss Kirra.

She didn't get any dinner that night - but I did relent and give her a little milk and water to help her tummy. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that she didn't even have an upset tummy.

Friends had a brown Burmese cat who sneaked into a neighbour's place through an open window, and stole a whole T bone steak left out for defrosting. She managed to get it back out the window, then round to her place, and up through a high laundry window!

Does duck tape count? :rolleyes:

It was about three weeks after I had gotten Black Jack home and I had to run to town. I left him in the porch with his kong like normal, but when we got back there was puke everywhere! I couldn't find what he had gotten into, I pretty much puppy proofed the porch before I got him. But I forgot one thing, the dryer vent goes through the porch to outside. Where the pipe goes from the house to outside there was duck tape holding it together. He found it, tore it off and ate it. I felt really bad for him, but he wont touch duck tape anymore at all.

Will was a terrible counter surfer...but very apt. He would never mess anything (if you didn't count what he ate) and never topple anything. It just disappeared...poof! Including a whole roasted chicken once....he inhaled it in less than 30 seconds.

19aprile.JPG

19aprild.JPG

You would think I had better objectives then getting proof on camera...

Maria

We have been lucky with Bo - except for the time he grabbed 1/2 a chicken off the counter!! that was a few monthes ago - I never turn my back on food in the kitchen since then! :rolleyes:

But we had a cat who was a champion counter surfer. It got so I couldn't even leave the grocery bags unattended if there was any meat in them at all. I made the mistake of going back out to the car one time, and left boneless pork unattended. By the time I got back to the kitchen with the next load, I swear 1/2 that meat was gone!!! And she loved pepperoni, too.

We had one of those really long sticks hanging in the kitchen. Mistake! We were gone for a day, came home - and gee, that stick was a bit shorter! She had stood on the counter and eaten as far up the stick as she could stretch!!

:D:D

Maria - I'm ashamed of you! Where are your priorities? The pix are cute and he's lucky the stove wasn't hot...

Will was a terrible counter surfer...but very apt. He would never mess anything (if you didn't count what he ate) and never topple anything. It just disappeared...poof! Including a whole roasted chicken once....he inhaled it in less than 30 seconds.

19aprile.JPG

19aprild.JPG

Maria

okay those are the best pictures ever!!! :rolleyes:

Eve had her very first counter surfing incident yesterday. I was preparing a sandwich while she was sitting politely. Just as I praised her for being such a good puppy, she sprang up like a deer and landed on the counter,. She swiped some bread and gulped it down before the first syllable of a substantial tongue-lashing left my lips.

Never underestimate the athleticism of a puppy. :rolleyes:

Maria - I'm ashamed of you! Where are your priorities? The pix are cute and he's lucky the stove wasn't hot...

I know..luckily as we have parrots who are often free in the house, we never leave the stove unattended if it's on. But yes...I'm rather shameful in that way, I think the next time he was up there I raced for the video camera. He has since learned not to do it....simply because I've learned not to leave anything up there and thus it's not interesting. I'm sure if I left something yummy he'd "unlearn" his good behavior. :rolleyes:

Maria

Maria, your dog must be related to mine!!!!lol!!!! Donald has considered every flat surface in our home just another "floor level" . When I don't take him to the barn with me my son says he catches him on the kitchen sink counter or the bar height kitchen table, watching out the window....also opens cupboards at night...We keep the trash in cupboards barred with a grill spatula. This morning my husband slept in while I was at the barn...I thought he would be getting up and drink the coffee I had prepared and set on the table...when I came in he was still in bed. The coffee cup was upright and bone dry.

In the dogs defence....he is learning to be a good barn hand. I had to check a lamb yesterday...the ewe was not happy and was behaving really nasty! Donald did not back down and kept her away from me for the time needed! I also was able to put wool covers on the sheep with out the help of another person. This is major breakthrough for us. Here is a picture from last summer...we had just moved here and dogs had no idea that tennis balls grew on trees in the country...and were sooooo tasty.

post-6686-1176170594_thumb.jpg

post-6686-1176170618_thumb.jpg

:rolleyes: at Will. Maria, I can only be thankful that my little demon bitch, Kirra, is sound asleep under the computer desk, and not looking at those pics. She would regard that as a challenge, I think.

And Beth G - I have to say she takes her 'job' as official taster of Bolognese very seriously - she ate nearly all of it to make sure it was OK. Must have been a good batch! :D

We came home last week to odd foil wrapping laying on the floor--the contents clearly devoured. Then we saw the "Thin Mints" (Girl Scout Cookies) box. Several hydrogen peroxide treatments and thrown up chocolate cookies later, we tried to figure out what had happened, since the Thin Mints were in a high-up cupboard.

The best we can figure is that the cat opened the cupboard door and knocked out the box of Cookies where Dog quickly finished the caper. Funny thing was that only one of the four loose dogs had any chocolate cookies in his tummy...and he's the one who's tightest with the cat.

ummm how about fridge surfing? I had muffins up on top of my fridge and Mr. Wicket decided that he was hungry and climbed up there without disturbing anything and ate them!!