BC Boards

ABCHA?

bcpon

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I've come across a reference to the American Border Collie Handlers Association and wondered if someone could tell me about it. It says that they have sanctioned trials? I can't find anything about it online other than one or two references to the organization?

Thanks!

Oops, read that wrong, sorry. Dont know about the other, looks like I'll be looking around too!

Hmmm. Could you be thinking of the American Border Collie Assoc. and or the USBCHA? I cant find a reference to an ABCHA

I'd say that there are either several typos or that something else is going on (and remember that there have been "disaffected" members of ABCA and other organizations that have gone and set up "registries" and such that suit themselves better).

There is no ABCHA of which I am aware (and I am not very knowledgeable). If it were a typo, and USBCHA or ABCA were intended, there are also certainly no "certified working Border Collies" as the flyer proclaims. We all know that folks producing "publicity" can be prone to exaggeration, and perhaps this is just an example of this.

I did find only one other internet reference to the folks putting on the demo, a newspaper article, stating that the dogs have "competed and won many Border Collie competitions". However, I didn't locate anything on the internet to indicate what sort of competitions this might have been.

From personal experience with newspaper interviewers and the resulting articles, I wouldn't be surprised if these aren't simply mistakes, misunderstandings, or exaggerations.

It will be interesting to see if someone posts and clears up these questions.

From personal experience with newspaper interviewers and the resulting articles, I wouldn't be surprised if these aren't simply mistakes, misunderstandings, or exaggerations.

It will be interesting to see if someone posts and clears up these questions.

Pretty much what I was thinking - When a flyer is put together, it isn't always put together by someone whom knows what they're talking about. Often it gets delegated to whomever is available. Add to that a simple mis-heard or misunderstood instruction, and things get more confused from there. Simple errors can cascade through the document. Find-n-replace can be your enemy, as well as your friend!

My wife's a printer, and she sees stuff like that all the time, even from people whom *ought* to know better. She prints the track sheets and race info for a major horse racing venue, and even with a streamlined process, about once a week they catch something that the track's proofreader should have already caught - Sometimes very substantial errors.

Or, it could indeed be something more interesting - But I'd think if there were a disaffected ABCA/USBCHA group, I'd expect to see some traces of them somewhere on the 'net. Unless.... :rolleyes: The AKC was up to something..? Naaaah. That's too paranoid even for me.

Could it be an anachronistic old name for USBCHA?

http://www.stockdog.com/bordercollie/clubs.htm

The website redirects to USBCHA

Nope. The USBCHA has always been the USBCHA. The redirect on the stockdog server was needed because originally both the USBCHA website and the ABCA website were hosted here on the USBCC website (www.bordercollie.org), but each of them eventually got their own site with their own URL -- has to have been at least five years ago now.

Nope. The USBCHA has always been the USBCHA. The redirect on the stockdog server was needed because originally both the USBCHA website and the ABCA website were hosted here on the USBCC website (www.bordercollie.org), but each of them eventually got their own site with their own URL -- has to have been at least five years ago now.

Actually, I was having an idiot moment. I was reading USBCHA as ABCHA. The brain sees what it thinks it should :rolleyes: