BC Boards

Good ones gone in 2012

Denise Wall

I lost 4 dogs this year, none border collies, but the 11 border collies miss them! Bad year for the Palmers. Scarlett, our 5 y.o. Akbash, Sergeant our 14 1/2 y.o. Giant Schnauzer, Myna, 9 w.o. Kelpie puppy and Boomer my 14 y.o. ACD; I miss them all terribly. Hard to believe it was such a bad year.

IMG_0039.jpg

Sergeant, my first dog

IMG_0259.jpg

Scarlett, a great guard dog, and not a nice dog to strangers :)

IMG_0520.jpg

Boomer, the one that started me into herding...and hence into border collies

001_zps9cfa7367.jpg

And finally Myna, who had too much gumption and not enough caution

Thanks for induldging me in my non border collies

Cynthia

Jill, who was a successful open trial dog for Sam Furman before I got her at age 6. She was a successful open trial dog for me, too, and thanks to her, my handling skills advanced much more quickly. Jill was a beautiful, funny, chick loving, puppy hating, eventually crotchety, wonderful girl. She was born in August 1996 and went to the great pasture in the sky in May 2012.

P3310036.jpg

P3310029.jpg

Willow, Jill, and Boy are on my left on a visit to Kentucky to the Alleyne's (Kat's original owners) for a sheepdog trial:

PA240061.jpg

Jill (center) posing with Melanie Lee Chang's Solo (left) and Farleigh (right) at Brightwater Farm for a sheepdog trial:

threereddogs.jpg

She loved, loved, love to herd chickens, and especially chicks:

PB140033.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

The fence safely separating her from Twist's puppies (she could be very harsh to puppies):

P8130048.jpg

Walking with the pack:

IMG_1811.jpg

In her last months. The harness was so I could help her up because at that point her hips were so bad that she had difficulty doing it on her own:

Jill2_March_2012_zps802e8431.jpg

She's with Boy, waiting for me, but I wish she were still here. Good bye Jilly Roo. I miss you.

J.