BC Boards

Corian and T3 Whistle review

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Diane. I got a brass whistle from Betsy and Rob at the Gettysburg Finals, as it is the only whistle that I have managed to squeak out anything worthwhile on. But it is mighty heavy and hard to use in really cold weather. I rarely use a whistle here at home but would like to get into the habit, as long as I could get consistent.

I appreciate your reviews. I wish I could "test drive" a whistle before buying it (I did at Gettysburg, where they had it set up so they could clean them) and maybe I'll do that at Belle Vernon this fall - if I don't succumb to whistle envy and order one first.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice reviews, no doubt fine whistles, but 75 dollars for something as simple as a shepherd´s whistle, that is not gonna happen...I carry a stainless steel one which I designed myself after some web research (nothing fancy just had to find out what it looks like), a handy neighbour made it for me, it works.

Thanks again, Diane, I got a Corian and really like it. For someone as whistle-challenged as I am, it has been the easiest for me to use - plus it's a lot lighter than the brass and won't freeze to my lips in winter.

Archived