BC Boards

Adjustable leashes

I came across an adjustable leash recently. http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_collars_dog_leads/leather_leads/single_coloured/98173

I can see how it would be useful to have a leash that can be used for two dogs on short notice, and I've heard one person rave about this type, but I am totally unfamiliar with these things. Anyone have one? Are they any good? What's the purpose, or how do you use them?

hahaha, I actually have a leash just like this! It was a hand-me-down from my German SIL. She called it a German traffic leash but I don't know why. I love it and use it all the time. What is really handy about it is the second clip---it allows you to make a regular small handle to hold on to or hook it to the middle ring and be able to shorten the leash quickly. I like that I can hook my dog to a picnic table or tree when we are setting up a picnic lunch without having to run the leash through the handle like I would do with a regular nylon webbing leash. The leather is buttery soft and I think it's a super leash.

Archived