BC Boards

2011 National Sheepdog Finals Blog

Laurae

I posted this in the general section but thought it might reach a different audience over here:

I'd like to introduce the 2011 National Sheepdog Finals Blog:

http://www.sheepdogfinalsblog.com/

Over the next few months, we’ll be profiling some of the top competitors from all over North America to find out how they’re preparing for the big trial—we’ll hear about their dogs, the fields they’re training on, their training regimens, the sheep they’re working, the trials they’re competing in to help get their dogs ready, and anything else they’re doing on the road to Carbondale in September. Lana Rowley is the first handler to be profiled, and her article is terrific! The blog will be updated weekly—and sometimes more often than that—so check back regularly!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amanda Milliken is the second handler to be profiled on the blog. Her post is up now!

As an aside, Amanda's post features a video of her young dog working, but I can't seem to figure out how to embed the video onto the blog. Does anyone know how to make an actual video (not the link) appear in a Wordpress blog?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Laura, for doing this - I am enjoying (and, hopefully, learning from) each featured handler. It is so nice to get to "meet" these good handlers and read about their dogs as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While most of the people you have profiled I have either met or watched run dogs, I have to say that the interview with someone I was not at all familiar with was a treat. It's nice to hear from someone "new to me" (and maybe new to many Easterners) and also to hear about someone new's farm/ranch operation and training approaches.

Again, thank you for all your hard work to bring these interviews to us!

Hi all,

This week on the Finals blog, we’re profiling the set-out crew and seeing what the four of them—Mark Henderson, Nancy Penley, Shawn Casey, and Jim Wotkyns—are doing to get their horses, their dogs, and themselves ready for the big week in Carbondale. Read about it at http://www.sheepdogfinalsblog.com.

Archived