BC Boards

My old Ellie is gone

Tommy Coyote

I'm so sorry to hear about Ellie. It sounds like she enjoyed a wonderful life with you. Run free and swiftly at the Bridge Ellie.

Remember Me! (author unknown)

Remember me always, but do not grieve for me too long.

I have tried always to comfort you in times of sorrow, and have made every effort to add joy to your life.

I never wanted to cause you pain.

Peace for me is certain now, and I suspect I will have eternal sleep in the earth I have loved so well.

Please, after your period of grieving for me, make room in your heart for another.

You are the kind of human being that should always have a friend like me to love.

Your kind and gentle heart should not be wasted on my memory for too long.

Give your love to another.

I know your new friend will never take my place, because we had something very special.

It may not be quite the same, but a new devoted and loving companion will in time, become special in their own way.

You loved me very much and I loved you.

My spirit will always be with you, and no matter how deep my sleep, my grateful heart will always remember you.

Day five. It's getting better. I'm not looking for her all the time now. She always laid down right acorss the dcoorway so the other dogs and I had to step over her and watch out for her all the time.

So strange for her not to be there now.

I really like having 3 dogs. Hopefully the future will bring another border collie that needs a home. But I need to give this more time.