BC Boards

Agility registered name? Help?

Just use their regular names. Don't overcomplicate. When you enter a trial for AKC (and NADAC too, I think), the entry form asks for a call name.The running order that is posted at the gate only uses the call name anyway. For example: her name could be "Southern Bella of Gone with the Wind", but the only name that would be posted is "Bella".

I use a registered name for my mixed breed who is NADAC registered, but I do so because I thought it was fun. Mind you, her name (call name) isn't even in her registered name and the same will likely be true when I get around to registering Molly with them.

(Ie: Kylie's Registered name is Once In A Lifetime Kinda Girl" I'm still poking around for Molly's, but I have no intention of working Molly in there.)

• 1 month later...

So how about something for Bella that makes you think of the things you love about her and or want to do with her? Or think of a theme so that your two dogs have "related" names. So fast things are race cars, race horses, birds of prey, sports, etc. I have agility names for my dogs. One is "Tag! Ewe R It!" (he goes by Tag). One of my other boys had Brush Creek's Rip & Tear and he went by Rip. Is there a kennel name that you could use to help you with your "fun" name?

Did you have to use a name longer than say... Hank? Because I can't think of anything else to call Hank.

With my past dogs I've only done USDAA and TDAA and just called them Kennel Name's Call Name.

But Hank has no kennel name unless I want to say OKC Animal Control's Hank. :D

It is up to you what the registered name is. I am one of those who thinks coming up with a "show name" can be fun. A kennel name isn't required. My first obedience dog was from a humane society and I had no idea of his breeding, so there was no kennel name. I still remember a Border Collie from about 15 years ago whose show name was Just Jack, which I thought was great.