BC Boards

Jag

kelpiegirl

Jodi Darling lost her Jag recently. Jag was her heart dog. Being that I lost my heart dog in January, and am still not recovered, I would ask that you all say a small prayer for solace in Jodi's heart. Just writing this I get teary. My heart goes out to you Jodi. Please know that all us dog people GET that gut wrenching sadness you feel when you lose a special dog. He will be with you again. A couple months after I lost my Tucker, I had a dream he was playing in the yard, and he kept looking at me while playing. I believe it was a message that he is going to be okay. And so will I.

There are many of us that know that feeling...Jazz left me in April and I still feel his loss like it was yesterday. My condolences to Jodi...

Yes, add me to the list of people who know that feeling--it's been nearly four years since I lost William. Jodi, I hope you are able to find some peace and to take comfort in what must be wonderful memories of Jag.

I'm so sorry Jodi. Don't fight the pain. It's at it's worst now and time and memories will ease it, but right now feel it, because it's for your heart dog. It's a pain none of us want to have to go through, but when you love a dog so much, it's part of the package.

Thinking of you.

Go in peace, my valiant friend.

Suffer no more; sweet sleep has come.

Be welcomed by our friends;

They have blazed a path for you to follow.

Wait patiently, for I will join you again,

Your keen vision restored to lead our way,

Strength renewed, for we shall journey forever.

I learned from your courage

In the waning of your days.

You fought bravely through the pain,

A whimper never passed,

Always by my side as I was by yours.

Your battle is over, our grieving begins,

As I lay you to rest

In the yard were we played.

Your place in my soul

will always remain filled.

So rest now in peace, my gallant companion,

Knowing how much I loved you