BC Boards

Breeders in the Pacific Northwest?

julie I am only talking about my peception of why I would not ask the Good breeder question. i do feel that some on the list feel that If you donot do sheep than you should have a rescueand we will save the other BCs for Good sheep homes . Again only my perception.Now with the respose of others I feel more comfortable with maybe asking about good breeders or if anyone knows of pups on the ground .

bob

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,

I agree with your original point - let the breeder do the screening, not the posters on this board. This board can become, at times, very patronizing, though the intentions may be in the right place.

Good luck to those heading to VA this weekend. I envy you greatly.

WV

Mark,

Okay I see your point. I wonder if the solution wouldn't simply be to have a FAQ that lists breeders by region? My brain is a bit fuzzy, but I think that proposal may have been made before and shot down (perhaps because there'd be no way to "police" it, but if it is simply a list where members here can go and post names of breeders they like, no warrantees implied, I don't see why it wouldn't work--well, except then people could argue over whether so and so really *is* a good breeder). Anyway, it certainly would make life easier for people like the OP who just want names of people members of this board think are good breeders (with the added benefit of precluding these types of discussions)....

Twist tore a pad this morning--I don't know how, so I guess I'll be picking up some Vetwrap today too. And I shouldn't be wasting time here either when there's a lot to do in preparation of being gone for a week+ (most importantly, finding someone to tape Grey's Anatomy for me! :rolleyes: ). See you at Edgeworth.

J.

Julie,

Sorry to hear about Twist.

The list of breeders is a bit problematic in who is the right person to choose which breeders to list and what are the criteria for listing breeders. A better solution would be to suggest potential puppy buyers contact local or regional associations/clubs (like Oregon Sheep Dog Society) for recommendations.

Mark