BC Boards

Canidae before and after

It has been 1 1/2 months since we switched to Canidae from Diamond. I have seen huge improvements in Spotty.

Heres him before his coat wasn't very soft or glossy and he was fat.

DSCI0882.jpg

DSCI0881.jpg

Heres him tonight. I have noticed his coat becoming more glossy and it is much more soft and he has lost a lot of weight. :rolleyes:

spottyprofile.jpg

spottyafter.jpg

He does look better, but I think I'd be a bit worried if it was Dylan and he lost that much weight just because of switching foods. What is the difference in calories between what he got and what he gets now ? I don't know anything about Diamond - is it really high calorie ? Just curious.

Diamond is like comparing Ding Dongs to a T-Bone steak. We feed the same amount of Diamond compared to Canidae. It is aweome, not as much poo, I noticed his breath smells better, eyes are brighter and he has a waist!!! I think I may want to start eating canidae.......Wonder if my waist would shrink........

As far as the weight loss goes, he has dropped 6 pounds, so instead of weighing 52#'s he now weighs 46, which is right where he needs to be because of his size.

I guess I am the other way around. I love Canidae but am getting along a lot better in comparison with Diamond. However I use only the Diamond Naturals and am more than pleased.

There is no doubt that Canidae is a high line food and the dogs do good on it.

Like people, dogs are individuals with individual health needs. Some will do well on a given food/diet while others will not. For example, some will do well on beef while others do better on chicken or lamb. Some dogs even show differences between different lines of food from the same manufacturer with the same protein source. The trick is to find what your dogs do well on and feed that food. Congrats on finding a good diet/food for your dog.

Mark

Diamond is like comparing Ding Dongs to a T-Bone steak
I think it all depends on type of food within the brand.

Kipp was on Diamond high energy when I got him. I switched him to Diamond Naturals L&R. There was a big difference in the digestability between the two. There was also a bit of an improvement in his coat going from one Diamond line to the other. He's now on Canidae, and his coat looks even better. I'll probably leave him on Canidae for a while, but I was impressed with the ingredients and cost of the Diamond naturals, as well as the digestability.

I used to Premuim edge to my cats!! OMG I loved it! I had the healthiest prettiest cats around!

but while on the subject of food...

Bil Jack. I bought some of the treats and was given a bag of the puppy food and mixed it with the Nutro max! my picky eater has turned into a pig!!

anywhoot what is the thought on bil jack. everybody at the bark park raves about how great it is for food allergys and all that jazz

anywhoot what is the thought on bil jack. everybody at the bark park raves about how great it is for food allergys and all that jazz

Years ago, when people didn't read labels and there weren't that many choices, frozen Bil-Jac was considered pretty good. I would use it for dogs who needed some weight gain. Back then, if someone asked me about what they could do for their dogs skin problem or coat problem, I always suggested Bil Jac first and it usually would work. Coats were nice and it would take a sick dog to not eat it.

On the down side, is that it did a number on the teeth. Because frozen Bil Jac is a soft food, the tartar on the teeth became pretty bad.

Bil Jac, from what I understand, first started in the '40's. They were mink farmers and made a food which would enhance coats. They went out of the mink farm business and concentrated solely on dog food, which at first, was only the frozen. Sometime later they came out with the kibble. Honestly, I haven't fed Bil Jac kibble enough to see results and I liked the competition better.

I can't argue with the results and even to this day, if I have a rescue who needs some weight, I'll buy a bag of frozen Bil-Jac for that purpose, but as a regular food, I think there is better.