BC Boards

Border Collie structure evaluation

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it got deleted. Darn. You have to be a member of the group to post there. There is an "ask to join group" button on the page. Link for the lazy:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/140782255940296/

Who in their right mind here would want to join?

I understand that people can be added without their consent if their settings are not private enough. Someone I am familiar with has been trying to figure out how to get off it, and hopefully now has the information he needs to do so. He's not the only one there who didn't ask to join but found themselves there.

One word describes that FB page--- frightening.

What I find really scary is that so many people think that the show ring helps to recognize and then produce the brightest and best a breed has to offer.

It seems you have to sign up for Facebook to see this page. I know so many people who have had spyware, malware, greyware problems from being on Facebook that I'm not willing to do that.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live without the owner of CH. Tuxedo Golden of Humpin' Sumpin' (insert appropriate alphabet soup) telling me whether my dog can walk or not... :P

FWIW, the person running the page is pretty young. Not even in college yet from what I gathered. The whole thing reminds me of kids showing off their dolls or something. It just seems so shallow to look at Border Collies that way.

I believe Kim Russell of Power Tripp BC's is running the group. She's not young based on her college graduation date. http://www.powertripp.org/home.cfm

I almost posted something about this group this morning but decided I didn't have time before I left for work. Its kind of hilarious.

I understand as far as performance sports, looking at "structure" meaning things like a dogs length to height, and the angulation especially in the front legs could have somewhat of a benefit in preventing injury or understanding that your dog may not be capable of actually running any faster. But theres a line. And suggesting that a Border Collie needs a "flying trot" to be a good sheep dog is waaaaaaay over the line.

I wasted a good 30 minutes there before I got totally disgusted and left.

I googled the name and found her pretty quick.

Same here. Laura, Anda, she's in Colorado. Maybe you could stop by and get a personal tutorial in what is required if you're ever looking for a "correctly built" border collie?

I don't think they'd be impressed by a photo of Duncan. I had his belly shaved last Friday so that he wouldn't get too hot during his lessons on sheep. They'd be horrified at the fact he only possesses half a coat. Plus his body mass index is probably about half of what their dogs appear to be, so I'd get a lecture on how I'm starving my dog to death.

Betty, I double-dare you to submit a nicely "stacked" photo of Stella. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to hear what they say about Taz.

Archived