BC Boards

Oh no...he lived with the best of the best for his final days and that's what he so deserved. I'm so sorry to read this.  Condolences to the family and to you, you poured your heart and soul into him, to heal him, it paid off for him immensely..

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The journey the two of you took together was so inspiring and the joy I felt when I saw those early videos of him at his forever home was if he had been our own foster dog, I felt so involved in Kelso's life. Thank you for writing about him and what is genuinely possible with kindness and your endless patience I learned so much from both of you. My condolences to all the people who were able to give him such a great life.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read this.  D'Elle, I am so sorry for your loss.  However, you are wrong.  Kelso will never die because you had written in detail his rehabilitation.  And not only will that be read and will help so many who stumble upon this forum in search of answers for helping their rescue dogs to adjust, but I know that I and many others here have referenced that thread and that story to others in need of that knowledge.  Kelso has the unique ability to live forever in everyone's heart who reads that thread - and in every lucky dog who will benefit from his story.  So although I also cried when reading this, I celebrate a wonderful dog who will go on helping other dogs in need forever.  We have all been so privileged to share in his journey.  Hugs to you all. 

• 4 months later...

I don't know how I missed reading this months ago. But I did and only read it today.

@beachdogz thank you so very much for this post. It made me smile and feel so good and I immediately sent it on to Kelso's people to read, and I know it will make them feel good too. Kelso accomplished a lot in his life, but I had not really thought about the things you say here, and I want to thank you immensely for pointing this out to me. Kelso was a very special dog and will be remembered.