BC Boards

Sheep Dog Finals

I have 2 questions: 1. What is the age range for Nursery?

2. I see gates open at 8am, but how late do runs usually go and or any

demos. Basically guess I am asking when dose each day wrap up?

This will be my first finals and I am seriously stoked! Me and my puppy girl Rose will be there Volunteering at the Hospitality Booth, Saturday and Sunday!

Hope to be able to put some faces to the names on the Boards!

Will you be there!?

See ya, JA and Rosepost-3985-0-50667000-1381247016_thumb.jpg

From the USBCHA website: 1. A dog is eligible for the Nursery Finals if its third birthday falls on or after July 1 of the year in which that Nursery Final is held. [Any dog born on or after July 1, 2010 is eligible for the 2013 Finals.,

Any dog born on or after July 1, 2011 is eligible for the 2014 Finals.
Any dog born on or after July 1, 2012 is eligible for the 2015 Finals.]

So any Nursery dogs running this year are three years old and younger (but they can't be more than three years and about three months).

As far as question 2 goes - kind of hard to predict (how many will retire or will be DQ'd, and won't use their allotted time? will there be any re-runs?). The Finals website says how many dogs will run each day. They want to have the runs finish before dark, naturally. Not sure how late the demos will last. My recollection is that things are winding up by 5 PM-ish.

I'll be there sometime late Thursday - volunteering at the entry gate Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Camera and rented lens in tow :)

Just to add: it's a 13-minute course, with 38 dogs running Open (for the qualifying rounds that is) each day. So that's a bit more than 8 hours of runs if all dogs use their allotted time and there are no re-runs. Runs will be longer on Sunday's double-lift but fewer dogs will be running. Add time to shift sheep and for other activities (such as presentation of flags, singing of national anthems on weekends).

Thanks...see ya there!