BC Boards

Pictures of our dogs ..BC's and Catahoula

I got tired of figuring things out lol. So I will just send you the url of the pictures plus the pictures lol

See if this works.

HondoPlay1.jpg This is hondo..our 1 y/o male BC

http://www.angelfire.com/bc3/horsemom/images/HondoPlay1.jpg in case it does not show up

HondoPlay2.jpg

Hondo again

http://www.angelfire.com/bc3/horsemom/images/HondoPlay2.jpg

Riata2.jpg

This is Riata. A little over 3 months..our female Catahoula pup

http://www.angelfire.com/bc3/horsemom/images/Riata2.jpg

Tango1.jpg This is Tango. The 4 y/o BC we are trying to rehab. She's terrified of cameras for some reason.

http://www.angelfire.com/bc3/horsemom/images/Tango1.jpg

Collin & Dianne

Couldn't get the pics of the dogs to show. But liked you website! You have fibro too eh? An awful disease!

Yeah I'm one of the cursed millions who have that bleeping disease. I was diagnosed back when doctors did not believe in it. I lucked out and found a young doctor who specialized in Fibromyalgia Syndrome due to his MIL having it.

I have that and a few other health problems, hence the post saying I lose my balance easily. I tried suicide once, but never again, that just increases the pain when you mess it up lol. Besides I no longer allow the disease to beat me. I may have Fibromyalgia but it does not have me!!!

I still actively train horses, and sometimes dogs. Also fence ( limited) and ride. Plus raise bunnies and have chickens and numerous cats. We also breed horses, lol that doesn't involve me though, just a pasture and horses. We pasture breed. Many days I am unable to leave the house due to overwhelming pain, but as soon as I am able, I am back at it. We have a set of 6 y/o twins who don't let me stay down long lol.

Dianne

Dianne, your pups are wonderful. I am however, really drawn to Tango...there seems to be so much sorrow in her face in that picture. I hope she will soon be helping with the ranching! Thank you for taking her in

Do you receive ssd for your fibro? I am in appeals with a lawyer right now...they try and make it so difficult. Which is the last thing someone needs when they feel so tired, awful, and generally defeated all the time.

PS

still cant see the pics.. :rolleyes:

As for not being able to see the pics.... Wierd. They are in JPG format.

As for SSD..no. I am in the process of becoming a Permanent Resident in Canada. My husband is Canadian and the twins are duel citizens. We're going through the big mess with Immigration lol.

Kris... I wish I knew someone who rehabbed dogs close by. I think she is more than I can handle as far as rehab. The poor girl wags her tail every time she sees me, drops to the ground, and exposes her tummy. She no longer runs from us, which is a big blessing, but has sooo far to go. She'll never make a cattle dog, but a pet, yes. My husband owned her when she was a pup..he bred her in fact. He owned mom and dad. She went to a family for years and they couldn't handle her. I just found out today that she has been shot at, trying to scare her into not doing something she wasn't supposed to. I'm not a dog shrink, but I think when I hold the camera up to get a picture, she thinks it might be a gun, and that's why she is afraid of the camera?

She basically ran wild for most of her life, except for the beatings, most of the time. She has had no training, other than what my husband did before she went to the other place.

They did not mean to abuse her is my thinking, they just could not handle an energetic dog who needed something to do.

But she's safe with us. Hopefully she can be rehabilitated. If not, we won't be able to take her out of the back yard for fear of agressive fear. She isn't showing signs of biting ...yet, so we pray she never will.

On a side note, we think she was bred. Our lab jumped the fence and was lociked on her during her Estrus. So now we wait and see.

Dianne

Dianne, I think you've come a long way with her already so given some time, I think she will surprise you.

As for the camera, I know a few dogs who absolutely despise the camera and who have never been abused, or shot at. I won't tell you what I'm thinking about that particular action..but it ain't pretty :mad:

Cricket has always shown the 'fear aggression' - baring teeth, etc. but she is coming around nicely now. Not that I would ever trust her with someone she wasn't totally familiar with but she is making good progress. Hopefully, Tango won't go that way now that she's got someone who actually cares about her wellbeing.

I wish I were a lot closer, I'd love to see her in person.

I just looked at the picture again...does she have pricked ears? If so, she does have a similar look to Cricket (she's the pricked eared BC in my avatar) There are still times when Cricket has that same look on her face...maybe that's what struck me.

I'm glad to hear that she will be safe with you and your family. Good luck with her and the rest of your 'herd' :rolleyes:

Kris, good morning. Yes, Tango has fully pricked ears. She also has a bit of sign that there was a Merle in her background. Her legs, underbelly, shoulders and muzzle, all have a small bit of Merle spotting.

I have to say she is the largest BC I've ever seen. She's not the small build variety, that's for sure. She's actually build like a tank lol.

Dianne

Nice pictures (I also had to go to your website to see them though, the links didn't work for me).

Riata really doesn't look like my 2 pups (either one of which or both may have catahoula in them), but when I started to try to learn about the breed I discovered that there can be a lot of variances in their appearance (and I mean conformationally, not just their colouring). I was on one page that had a photo gallery of catahoulas and some of them looked very houndy, others reminded me a lot of our great danes before they reached their full size, and still others seemed to have finer faces and ears. Anyways, yours are all nice looking dogs. I checked out your horses too, and I think April is stunning. I've always liked a dark bay with white, and am partial to Arabs and part-Arabs (guess that's why I have 3! One purebred, one 7/8 and an Arab x POA pony). It's beautiful country you live in as well.

How big is Tango? Jazz, my male is 58 cm. at the shoulder and weighs in at about 23 kg. so he's not small! Cricket is a bit smaller but not much!

I checked out the horses too and saw the pictures of the twins! They are cuties too :rolleyes:

Dianne,

Question:

Can I use my images from Angelfire on MySpace, or eBay?

Answer

Free members cannot use their images on other sites. This is against our policy on Remote loading. (Please see Remote Loading/Hot Linking, for more detailed information). Premium Subscribers can use their images on any site that they choose to, without limitations.

Source: Angelfire Help

Mark

Thanks Mark. That figures lol. Well I planned on creating a single site for both and for the breeding/custom business. I just need to find a site we can afford lol.

As for Tango's size, I'm not sure. We have not weighed or measured her. All I know is that she is unusally large. It doesn't help she's overweight to boot. Not obese but not at a trim weight either. I would have to guess though that we would weigh in at about 55-65 lbs. Possible a little higher. She's twice the size of our male BC who is a year old also. Height-wise that is.

Dianne

Hi Dianne,

If the breeding did take on Tango with that lab that jumped the fence, please consider spaying her early on and avoiding the whole puppy issue. I am happy that you took a dog back that your husband bred, that is the responsible thing to do. Thank you for helping her.

Caroline