Here's to a better 2017!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lawgirl

Lawgirl

• Registered Users
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

My trialling last year was incredibly frustrating.  I missed two and a half  trials due to my poor health (bronchitis and agility do not mix well) and then missed another trial due to my dog's diarrhoea and gale force winds making tenting impossible.  So out of 7 trials I had planned, I made it to 3 and a half. 

I received one pass only in those trials, although I was only just missing out on many of my runs.

I have been to my first trial for the year last weekend, and had a great time.  Three Qualifying runs in one trial, a much better result.  All were first places (although we jump in a height class that usually has between 1 and 5 competitors, so first is not that hard), but on two of our clear runs, there were only two qualifying runs out of all the competitors. One more pass and Oscar will have his JD (jumping dog) title.  My next trial is a home trial, so fingers are definitely crossed for a home title.

Even if I can't manage any more passes for the year, this will still be a better year.  While I hope to move out of novice jumping at our Easter trial, I do not expect to reach high titles with Oscar.  It is more that he has fun!

There are definitely things to work on, including Oscar's start stay (an ongoing saga), and I am definitely not the smoothest handler, but we did it and it worked!

https://youtu.be/l9Tu5_wHZtU

https://youtu.be/LMtzLP0ZuFU

I hope these links work, I have never posted a link before like this.  Or posted on YouTube either.

#2 gcv-border

gcv-border

• Registered Users
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

Good for you and Oscars. I hope your good times continue.

Jovi

"Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog."  Charles F. Duran

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.