BC Boards

Weave times?

The UK poles are a lot more rigid, they looked really short when I saw them. In Spain we have a variety, all more the height of the U.S. ones (I am not sure of the official height) wooden ones, that very similar to the UK ones, and PVC ones that are about 1" they can either be on steel or aluminum bases and are never pegged. The aluminum ones are very whippy, my friends Malinois trained on light aluminum and it was interesting watching him think about the heavy wood ones at another club.

When I started broom handles were often used, at least in training.

Bases are normally pegged but extra heavy ones are usually used where pegging isn't allowed.

A friend's dog was trained on weaves that moved. His weaves are super fast but he's a pole breaker and has had more than one shoulder injury in the weaves.

• 7 months later...

I unearthed this since I finally had video of Molly in 12 poles that I could chop down for a rough estimate.

42lbs, 20" tall, and 3 seconds - 3.08ish, according to my other program. The editing isn't perfect, 3 something, anyway. Which is danged close to the much shorter dog.

...Video would help.