Just a video share

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Heartful

Heartful

• Registered Users
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:11 AM

It's been some time since I've visited the boards but really am excited to get my young dog introduced to sheep. Who knows where this will go. I would love to have time to see him develop into a nice working dog that I could perhaps trial with but I also do agility and it is a struggle to know which direction to take.  I'm not sure if doing one will affect the other negatively should I want to try to do both LOL.

This is his second official lesson, but he had been introduced to sheep twice when he was younger.

Tell me and I forget, teach me an I remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin

#2 larryfoster

larryfoster

• Registered Users
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my collies, Vegetable gardening

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:50 AM

Nice.

Thanks for sharing.

Looks like that will be a good dog

#3 Heartful

Heartful

• Registered Users
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

After a long, long, long winter with much snow, we have been able to get back to working some sheep. After talking with my instructor, we have decided to progress a bit more slowly to allow Titan to mature. Very short work sessions to give his brain some time to recover - LOL.    I don't do too much of the work with him, given my extreme lack of experience - best to let the instructor guide him rather than me getting out there and making a mess of things.  

Tell me and I forget, teach me an I remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Heartful

Heartful

• Registered Users
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

https://youtu.be/Fbx04TLArxY

Sadly, we won't be able to go back for lessons for a couple of weeks - he is growing up and I am learning by getting out there with the instructor and sheep...trying to stay out of her way and not fall over :)

#5 Maja

Maja

• Registered Users
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:56 AM

He is maturing nicely. Have fun! :)

#6 Heartful

Heartful

• Registered Users
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

He is maturing nicely. Have fun! :)

Thanks!  He is definitely slow to mature, but I do enjoy that puppy aspect - always happy and always wanting to engage. 

#7 Maja

Maja

• Registered Users
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:07 AM

I didn't mean it that he is slow maturing, only that I can see his mind is working better in the later video in comparison with the first, without any qualifiers. If my math is right he does about two lessons a month on average, and the working maturity is a resultant of [training mileage] x [the actual age] x [handler experience], so to me he is doing fine - a very nice responsive dog.

#8 Heartful

Heartful

• Registered Users
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

I know :) I didn't take offense to it :) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.