BC Boards

Scuba Lambs

Tea

Ok....this is getting crazy. Its January.....isn't it? It is very mild here....uh let me explain how mild.....Jesus the LGD is now barking at the strange chorus of croakings he is hearing in the lake that has developed by the barn. He has been searching for the frogs that are too close to his sheep and he goes swiming to try to find them.

This lake is now right at the door. Gunny and Sweep the Broom swim to get to the sheep. I will have to cut a hole in the wall to get the sheep out to forage and not have soggy ewes bring all that horror into the clean barn.

We are going to have to try to pump our lake out.

Rain rain

My lambs better be born with scuba gear

or gills

I am SO glad I winter my sheep on a hill (most of them, at least). It's one of the few sand heaps around here, too, so it stays fairly dry. I had to move my friend's sheep last week to a new pasture- they had to trample through a veritable pond! Didn't want to go, but Nick pushed. Not too deep, but deep enough.

Oh a hill, a glorious hill. Not like this swamp..this bog here.

I am ready to hook up my sled team and take my toboggan sled through the mud as a wild fling.

My ewes had to swim one year when we had a record rainfall.

Mud...MUDDDDDDD!!!

I have lost my lambing pasture for my crossbreds......it is under water

I put the dorsets up near my horses. As my dorsets...er...cannot swim like my more gazelle like sheep. I moved them yesterday thank God! The ram flock is on high ground.

My dairy goats look and if there is heavy dew they do not wish to go out. My dairy goats are like the titanic...let the band play as we sink.

Gun does not care much for deep water. Sweep the Broom swims like a eel.

This is all because, someone thought....that they could divert the water in a clever way and sadly it backfired.

I am getting depressed.....mud

mud

mud

But my ewes won't lamb till feb...

Mud

THATS IT!!!! I shall open a SPA!!!!!

My way out!

I will make my fortune with my farmyard spa and THEN buy a place up high........and the rain shall only grow grass.....and there will be no mud.

Now I must advertise.....

Thank you!

My way out!

I will make my fortune with my farmyard spa and THEN buy a place up high........and the rain shall only grow grass.....and there will be no mud.

Thank you!

The hard part will be convincing the menfolks that the accompanying aroma is beneficial. My hubby had the nerve to turn up his nose, when I came home today from helping a friend wire her sheep pens. (The guardian dog discovered he could go off-post by slithering through the pipe panels. Stinker.) I thought the smell was just the odor of work.

Hubby ... begged to differ. :rolleyes:

Maybe you'd best advertise this spa as "sheep folk only." :D

I don't envy you. Here we don't have rain, but we have scads of melting snow. Even the hills are now squishy and slippery. I found myself flat on my back at my hen house door, the other morning, with the chickens eying me suspiciously ....

Do they make water wings for sheep? :D

~ Gloria

My way out!

Thank you!

:rolleyes::D:D There's always a bright side , Tea.. :D