BC Boards

Maggie is in ICU! UPDATE 10:30am

Sorry if you see this multiple times - I'm crossposting to get the word out. I know how powerful good vibes and prayer can be.

Maggie got hit by a car tonight. :rolleyes: She was chasing a rabbit, ran under a fence, and was hit and rolled by a car. The car stopped long enough to let her run out from under, but then continued on!!!!!

Luckily some good samaritans stopped and took Maggie and I to the vet. She was started on fluids to combat shock and xrayed. They thought there might be a possible diaphramatic hernia, so we were sent to the Purdue small animal clinic.

They re-examined her, did an EKG, and checked the xrays. They think she escaped major injury (they doubt there's a hernia), but will keep her overnight for observation. She is currently stable and under great care, but not out of the woods yet. The next 24 hours are critical!

I'll talk to the vet student in charge of her case tomorrow and find out when I can visit/take her home.

Keep her in your thoughts everyone - she's a special girl. I'll update as i can.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers for you and Maggie. Sounds like she was a very lucky girl. Glad she didn't get worse. What a jerk that person was! I mean, jeeze, at least see if you could help with a ride or something! Thank God for the person who did get you and Maggie to the vet. Hope that person that hit her gets 3 flats on the way home! And no one stops to help them! Well, enough of that boil on the a$$ of society!

Keep good thoughts, try not to worry too much. It sounds like she is in very capable hands. Let us know tomorrow how she is doing.

My prayers go to you and your little girl. :rolleyes: It's hard having a child, even on of the K9 species in the hospital.

Your in my prayers.

Oh my gosh! My thoughts are with you and her tonight. It sounds like she'll be okay, I just hope their observation is just due to caution and she'll be fine. That is just too scary!

And the driver who drove off should be kicked in the ass. :mad:

OMG, this is my worst nightmare. Sending good thoughts your way.

You know how vets/doctors are - they like to err on the side of caution (and rightly so), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she escaped with nothing more than a new-found, healthy respect for cars.

Keep us posted.

I'm so sorry to hear what happenend to Maggie. My prayers are out to her, and you too. I know she'll be ok. They'll take good care of her. Keep us posted. I hope everything is ok. God Bless

You guys are definatly in my prayers!!!! If it makes you feel any better, a friends boyfriend ran over his dog on accident (she ran behind him). He took her immediately to the vet and they advised to put her down. He couldnt, they did surgery and she is now beginning to walk again. This was only about 2 months ago! She had severe injuries andis already walking. I pray Maggie makes a huge recovery just like this other dog.

ACK!! I just saw this because I was out all day long - poor Maggie! Lots of good vibes/prayers coming to you guys from out here.

I can't get my head around the fact that the people just drove off. :mad: That is just plain awful.

Give us an update as soon as you can - we will be hoping for the best and waiting for more news...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I'll send her all the good vibes I can find.