anesth. prescreen bloodwok 34.00

dog neuter med dog 70.00

Pain inj 20.00

heartworm test 27.00

iverhart max heartworm 25.95

disc. 24.00

-------------------------------------------

dog being in pain for a day or so- a little guilty

dog being healthy and no testicular cancer worries + a responsible owner = PRICELSESS

8-20-07002.jpg

My little conehead

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

I gotta love my vet. Here was my vet bill from last week:

1 cryptorchid neuter, 35lbs

1 spay, 25lbs

1 ear wash

1 bottle antibiotic ear drops

-------------------------------

$71.35

WOW!!! I had a vet like that when I did rescue. I lived in a very small town and he gave me super discounts. That's how I could afford to do rescue!!

I dehorning of a Scottish highlander cow (really big horns) & house call- $30.00- LOL. It was great!! Oh, the vet got kicked in the nuts (almost a neuter for him :rolleyes: ) and it was 96 outside and much much hotter in the barn & he swore off that breed of cattle after that.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

I think if I was a male and a vet and the house call threatened my manhood, I would certainly charge triple.

I forgot to mention how pathetic Usher looks with his E-collar on. Poor guy. Tally and Mojo say they can sympathize.

6fh8zsi.jpg

I forgot to mention how pathetic Usher looks with his E-collar on. Poor guy. Tally and Mojo say they can sympathize.

omg, you got them done at the same time? poor things had to see what they looked like with the elizabethian collars on?? lol

My wife is a vet tech. This is how much she believes in neutering animals. We had a young tom cat hang around the house for about a week a couple of years ago. All of a sudden it didn't come around anymore. When I asked my wife if she had seen the cat she came clean with the story. She had taken it into work and turned this stray tom into a fluffy. She brought it back home and turned it loose. It was never seen here again.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

I had two foster dogs done at the same time last week, but the picture I posted shows Tally (left) the day after surgery on a broken leg and Mojo (right) the day of a cyst removal on his left back foot (look closely for the bandage).

I think if I was a male and a vet and the house call threatened my manhood, I would certainly charge triple.

Oh- I had him "set up" with a friend of mine-LOL.

Here's Usher tonight. A little happier, but still pitiful.

8-20-07005.jpg

8-20-07006.jpg

He's trying to get into his crate.....after all.....it's bedtime. He just goes there around 10-11 PM MST. If I let him in, he'll lick. So, guess he will have to sleep on the couch. Poor guy.

P.S. He has the car keys......ready to take off- :rolleyes: Don't know why he's taking his leash???????

Aww poor Usher. I feel really bad for him. Black Jack feels his pain. I hope he starts to feel better soon.

Tell him to be sure to check his his blind spots before he backs up, since he has that cone on :rolleyes:

He's kind of "off" as far as doors go. Can't get in or out of the doggy door. LOL. Back door open. He won't eat. I offered him treats. He kind of flipped me the "paw". It's going to be a long night. I think the vet should have given ME the drugs. LOL.

:rolleyes: sorry, I just got a picture of him "giving you the paw" in my head. I can see him doing that :D

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Awww at least his ears are up now! Did you put the E-collar on him because he was bothering his incision or do you just leave it on in case? I always give the dogs here a chance to prove they are fine without it before I make them wear one. In fact, the only dog I've EVER had to put one on for a speuter was Rudy, who thought licking would make his testicles grow back.

He's still a lickin'- guess he was was fond of those guys. He was licking when we left the vet's office, so I knew it was time for the collar, we will see what today brings. OMG- Didn't realize what time it was. Poor little guy only gave me 4 hours of sleep!!!

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Rudy would like to let Usher know that licking WON'T make them grow back. He did cause a lot of swelling and made ME think he'd made them grow back, lol, but alas, it didn't work in the end!

We adopted Jake maybe a week after his surgery. In less than a week, I noticed his incision was getting a little red. The vet agreed it looked a little irritated and put him on an antibiotic. Usher might have to wear the e-collar for awhile.

(I love the conehead remark :rolleyes: )

Happy dog- no nuts, no licking, no collar and yea.........the vet said.....try and keep him calm .excuse me? It's a "Border Collie:---Calm?????? LMAAAAAAAO , We are trying.

P.S, The ball doesn't move any slower.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

To be quite honest, I've always ignored that "keep them quiet" warning. I bring them home the same day and keep them quiet for the rest of the day. By the next morning they're out playing with the others already. *knock on wood* It's never been a problem so far. I don't take them out to flyball or agility or frisbee, but they do run around in the yard and wrestle.*shrugs*