BC Boards

Meet . . .

Well, we've been in Newfoundland for a while now, got our new apartment about a month ago. We've got lots and lots of back yard, but after spending 5 months with 3 friends, Odin has been lonely lately. We discussed getting a new pup when we first got here and all the pros and cons and decided that we would do it if and when the right puppy came along.

Well, today we went into town to buy some fresh cream and we met a woman who was looking to rehome her dog. She had a little brown and pup and a two year old son with her. She said the pup was 'vicious' an she wanted to get rid of it because she was afraid she would 'attack' her son. :rolleyes:

The pup only looks to be about 8 weeks old and seemed docile, not vicious at all, but she looked frightened =/. I don't think this woman is much of a dog person myself. But anyway . . . this little girl just pulled at our heartstrings right away. We were looking for a female too! We've no clue what breed she is, she's a mix, but she's beautiful. She has one green eye and one blue one. She's been here for only 2 hours so far, but she doesn't seem vicious at all. She puts Odin in hisplace if he bothers her too much, but that's actually a good thing :D

Odin and her are getting along great so far though! (knock on wood!) They're playing around on the bed as I type this.

We're not exactly positive what we'll name her. For now her name is Bree, but I also like Arwen. My husband and I are really into Lord of the Rings, we even play the online game, so we like LOTR names. I'm open to suggestions though! Please please suggest some!!

Sorry if this post seems jumbled but I'm on the phone with my friend, she saw the picture of our new girl on my msn and she called right away to find out what was up :D

(Video on Page 2)

bree6ba8.jpg

bree3ks4.jpg

bree4du7.jpg

bree5wy9.jpg

bree7ey3.jpg

-Kee

Yep, Bree is on our list because of the Town in LOTR. :rolleyes:

My husband said the same thing about Arwen sounding to similar to Odin, so that one is out I guess! haha!

Oh my gosh! Why the sam heck didnt we think of Bree!!!! Obviously hubby and I are LOTR lovers too.. I mean... Rivendell and Rohan...come on lol. We want to name our daughter Eowyn... lol If we ever have one lol We decided we're getting a white cat and naming it Minas Tirith (a.k.a. Gondor), and a Black cat and naming it Mordor. LOTR fans will understand the significance lol.

That pup is adorable!!! Im so happy for you guys LOTR names hubby and I vetoed:

Eomer (I love it..he doesnt)

Galadriel

Evenstar

Osgiliath

Edoras

Anduril

Haha Smileyzookie! My husband suggested Rivendell but I said NO! There's already a Riven :rolleyes::D haha

Love the Mordor/Minas Tirith names, that would work very well with black/white cats!

Hubby suggested Angmar, but I said no Aggies!

Evenstar is nice as well. I'd love to find a name that plays on her green and blue eyes.

Cute pup! Im a LotR fan too :rolleyes: haven't read the books in many many years though so I cant offer suggestions other than what you've already come up with. Good luck with her! cool eyes :D

Actually I thought of one. might kinda go well with the green and blue Eyes. "Aspen" after Aspen Luthien.

What a cutie, if you go for Nazgul, you might as well name her Wraith :rolleyes: I like Wee Bonnie Bree, or what about Goldberry or mrs. Bombadil, excuse the spellings. what ever her name she is adorable

Andrea D.

I really hope things keep going as well as they are now between the new pup and Odin.

We researched how to introduce a new pup when we first decided to get another, so we were prepared, but I'm still a bit nervous.

Odin sniffs her bootie alot, but when she gets annoyed with him she lets him know and he backs down.

Right now she's chewing on a treat and he's just sitting there next to her, calm as can be.

I think he's actually really excited to have her around and I think he was sad when she went for a nap under the dresser for a while earlier. :D

Anyway, she's adorable. I just love her to death :D I just hope she's not as bad as Odin was as a puppy :rolleyes: LOL!