BC Boards

Working dogs at Robin's this weekend

juliepoudrier

**For folks with dial-up, this thread is picture intensive**

Robin very kindly invited us to come work sheep on Saturday, and we took her up on it. Following are the pictures we managed to get before the camera battery died. We had a great time working dogs, and the pups had a great time running around and playing. The weather was perfect and the sheep were great. Kate Caldwell fed us an amazing lunch (did someone say chocolate cake? Yum!). Now that's the way to spend a weekend! (I didn't edit or crop any of these photos so you could see as much of Robin's pasture as possible--very pretty. The trees did make seeing what was going on a bit tricky, so we had to move around a bit to keep an eye on the dog working.)

Here's Robin and Gael (that little black speck on the left in the shade) holding sheep:

100_0884.jpg

Tony's Blurr:

100_0854.jpg

100_0857.jpg

Tony’s open dog Ben (check out that curly coat!):

100_0859.jpg

100_0860.jpg

Driving away:

100_0862.jpg

Crossdrive:

100_0864.jpg

J.

Robin's looks a bit greener (well, A LOT greener) than my place, but we're all desperate for rain. Robin said she's going to Richard Rogers'. I hadn't planned to go, but then got a wild notion after visiting everyone at Roy's cattle trial a week ago, so I went ahead and entered too. Now let's hope I can afford the gas! Looking forward to seeing you.

By the way, Tom F. told me his trial will be the second weekend in November (I think I remember that right), so mark your calendars.

J.

And last but not least (well maybe least :D ), Pip working at my house on the puppy sheep Friday night.

100_0844.jpg

100_0845.jpg

100_0846.jpg

100_0850.jpg

100_0853.jpg

J.

Awwww, it's PIP (not like a white whale at all) :rolleyes: A beautiful dog

Great photo's - lovely scenery, beautiful dogs and sheep :D

:D I was "over the pond" back in the 90's. Of the 17 days we were there only 3 days were totally dry, without any rain. :rolleyes: The other days it would shower, clear up with beautiful blue skies, then shower again later. Sure keeps things green over there, doesn't it?

:D I was "over the pond" back in the 90's. Of the 17 days we were there only 3 days were totally dry, without any rain. :rolleyes: The other days it would shower, clear up with beautiful blue skies, then shower again later. Sure keeps things green over there, doesn't it?

Over the pond - never heard that, i suppose you mean over here :D

Yep that's the UK for you, that's what we have had today :D Everywhere is nice and green though. lol :D

Great pictures Julie. I sneaked a peek last night while you were still on posting...so I waited until this morning to look again!!!

Maybe you can get Keegan to do something great this week and take a picture and post it...in the off chance I get to look at the internet...but then again I have your good lens!!!!

See you in a week.

Thanks Julie- great shots. Looks really hot. I really hate the high heat when working dogs- what do you do about deer flies chomping on their heads? Lucy is like one BIG target- she ends up pawing at her head on the downs. But, I digress- I love those shots of Pip! Getting to big boy outruns. I want PICTURES!!!!!!!! I am going to get some shots of my lucy asap, so that perhaps Lucy and Pip can do a photo montage of The "trials" of Pip and Lucy- see how they grow :rolleyes:

Julie

I use stuff for horses on the dogs when we work. The flies get awful here when we actually have rain - the only good thing about the total lack of rain has been also lack of bugs. But I'd honestly rather have bugs.

Nice pictures. I wanted to go but I had a sheep order to deliver to Salisbury. I really gotta get my pups out. Not next month, but August, right Robin? Or do you have any time in July . . .

Lovely scenery! And all the dogs are gorgeous but Pip in particular is striking.

Random -- how is Moss, Robin?

Pip thanks you. I'm not Robin but I can say that Moss had a grand time racing around the entire field with Mary's puppy Roxy. They were *in love.* I think Moss looks a lot like his mom in the face/eyes.

J.

Great pics! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time, and I am envious of all the green, since we never really had ours this year. I love Pip! He's one of your pups, right, Julie? I, too, had a white one in my litter--Alli. Her owner passed away last month, so I bought her back, and am dying to get her out working (she's recovering from a soft tissue injury right now). She's probably at about the same level as your Pip... :rolleyes:

Anna

Hey Robin,

what kind of camper did you get????

Our ground is like the desert here, dogs have been tearing up thier pads. Got a little rain this morning, not enough to make a major impact tho.

Nancy O

Those pictures sure make my place look awfully green. Must be the leaves on the trees cause the grass is mostly crunchy. But, we did get a really good soaking last night, woo hoo!

Grace - Moss is a doll baby, i just love him to pieces. Cute as can be and he thinks he's Mr Stud Muffin. He was quite the flirt with Roxie. I'm waiting on him to grow up a bit more before doing much with him on sheep but he's been very brave and tough when i've tried him out so far.

Becca - Any time, just let me know and we'll figure it out. I'm trialing the first 2 weekends in July but we can always do evenings during the week.

Nancy O - I got a 23 foot Puma. I love it! Now if i could just actually get it out and camp in it. The VBCA trial will it's maiden voyage. Are you going to be there?