BC Boards

Herding in Fl

Hi all-

Just wondering where I can get any sort of herding practice or direction in Florida. Google doesn't help much... Seamus' old home had said he showed great interest in sheep when they went to trials in KY. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

He's also off of bed rest from HW and is slowly getting back to normal :rolleyes:

Whereabouts in FL? Paula (Psmitty) takes lessons somewhere north of St. Pete (I think?). If you are in that area, you could ask her. There are folks in Okeechobee (the Tindalls) who provide lessons for people who are serious and not just looking for some weekend playtime. I would just stay away from a place in Valkaria, FL.

Let's make this easy...Sandy Tindall is not accepting any new students, the ONLY person "I" would recommend is David Saunders (Tally area), PM me for contact info. There are a few others in the state, if you like your dogs you may want to look elsewhere......

Were south Florida... Davie. Around Ft. Lauderdale area. I didn't think anything would be very close (less than an hour.)

The only things within an hour of Davie are urban sprawl, vegetable farms, and the Everglades.

Oh, and rock mines.

• 3 years later...