BC Boards

Get your copy of Mr. and Mrs. Dog by Donald McCaig...

Sue R

...and help support the Bluegrass Classic SDT! Donald's book will be on sale at the White House (Wednesday-Friday) and the auction area (Saturday-Sunday) during the Bluegrass. A very generous portion of the proceeds will go towards supporting the Bluegrass Classic SDT.

Donald will be on hand at the trial and will be happy to inscribe your copy. A copy of this book would also make a great gift and this is a chance to also get that gift copy inscribed by the author.

If you have read any of Donald's other books, you will know that he is witty, insightful, and always a good read.

Since you are as tied up as you will be, if you can get my your money for a copy, I will do my best to get it signed. Just give me a note as to what you want written in it. And then I'll get it to you.

I'm bumping this to let people know that I can and will accept requests from people who won't be at the Bluegrass but who would like a copy of the book, want an inscription, and would like to support the Bluegrass.

I don't have exact costs for shipping but estimate that by media mail through the USPS, the cost would be about $3 (including packaging); Priority mail through the USPS would be about $5.50; and UPS ground would be about $7. That would be for one copy, may vary with your location, and the cost for additional copies would be relatively small.

I will try to get more specific shipping costs shortly so that anyone who wants to order shipped copies may do so.

Diane and Julie - PM or email me with what you would like inscribed (autograph, dedication, whatever).

Diane - Shipping will be about $5 for media mail and $12 for Priority. Priority would get it to you about two weeks earlier.

Thank you both for your kind comments! It's figuring out the shipping that's the hard part so that you aren't paying anything you don't need to pay and I'm not out any money!

Just a reminder if you want your own (or a copy for a gift) of Donald's new book, autographed or inscribed, you can purchase one at the Bluegrass (check with me at the White House, where I will have copies for sale, and for times when Donald will be available to sign/inscribe for you).

Thanks to Donald's generosity, a sizeable portion of the proceeds will go to benefit the Bluegrass.

And for those who won't be at the trial but still want a personalized copy, please email me with your request and to get the total cost for your order including shipping. I will need to receive checks by May 8th in order to cash them before I leave for the trial. I will also have to have your request for your inscription before I leave for KY because I will not have regular internet access while I am there.

The books have been selling nicely so far and, if you want a copy, I hope to hear from you soon so that I can arrange for one (or more) for you.

It is not too late to plan on getting your own, personally signed and/or inscribed copy of Donald McCaig's "Mr and Mrs Dog, Our Travels, Trials, Adventures, and Epiphanies" through the Bluegrass Classic SDT - and you will be supporting the Bluegrass when you do!

We are still accepting reservations for copies to be picked up at the trial (at the White House) and may still be able to accept your reservation for a copy to be shipped to you after the trial if you can give me your order and send your payment in on time.

The cost is $23 per book, plus shipping (if you are not picking it up at the trial) of $3 for Media mail, $6 for Priority, and $7 for UPS.

PM me for more information or send me an email.

Sue Rayburn

For those who have pre-ordered, I will be shipping about May 22nd if you paid and arranged for shipping. I will have your copy available at the White House if you arranged for pickup at the trial (Julie, I will have one for you and it willl be ready for you to pick up any time you can get to the White House, since I'm assigned there for the duration).

If you haven't ordered one and want one held for you (and signed, if you'd like that), let me know by email preferably at susan dot rayburn at gmail dot com.

This is a chance to get an enjoyable book and support a venerable trial at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Our Bluegrass fundraiser book sales were a resounding success, thanks to Donald and to all who pre-purchased or bought his books at the trial. For those of you who pre-purchased books to be shipped, I am sending them out today.

I have one last signed copy of Donald's new book, Mr. and Mrs. Dog, available for $23 plus $3 Media mail shipping. I also have one copy (unsigned) of his book, A Useful Dog, for $15 plus $3 Media mail shipping (or $4 Media mail shipping if you buy both).

Again, a big "thank you" to all who helped in so many ways, but particularly those who made the books sales such a successful fundraising effort!