BC Boards

Jack Knox Clinic - Nick and Friends

Carson Crazies

Rather than bowl you all over with pics, I'm going to post a few and then the link to the album (y'all don't really want me to post 40 pics, right??).

We had a great time at the clinic. I'm sure the others will have some pics, but here are some I already have uploaded.

Nick:

100_0528.jpg

100_0533.jpg

Pip:

100_0482.jpg

100_0479.jpg

Phoebe:

100_0516.jpg

100_0517.jpg

Great pictures. I love to see dogs at work. Thank you for sharing us. All of you who like to see cattle dogs at their work, have a look into the link. There are very interesting pictures.

I also used to teach my dogs in herding within such a fence that can be seen on some of your wonderful pictures.

I love to see cattle dogs in doing what they are born for - herding.

Originally posted by muggs:

Pip sure is a big boy.

On no, Margaret, the sheep are just *really small*! :eek:

Rolf,

These are all border collies--just some have smooth coats and heavy ticking. The first three (Nick, Pip, and Phoebe) are out of my bitch Twist (B&W dog in my avatar) and Roy Johnson's Sonny. Both parents work cattle, but they are not cattle dogs in the breed sense (i.e., Asutralian cattle dogs).

J.

Great Pictures!

Much more dignified pictures of Nick!

When he is hunched down like that he doesn't look so long-legged. :rolleyes: I love this very very last picture of him!

And Phoebe doesn't actually look so fuzzy anymore! :D

Wish we could've been there! Colby tripped over a sheep a few months back and had knee surgery (doctor got a kick out of telling everyone how he injured it - not sure what they were picturing :eek: ). Building schedule crazy lately.

What a diverse-looking litter! Is Bute a littermate also? I love big..huge...Pip :rolleyes:

Yes, juliepoudrier there are all Border Collies on the pictures. With Liska, 4, and Berrie, 5 years I own two BC`s.

I thought the BC`s are members of the cattle dogs. Is it wrong?

Rolf,

As I'm sure you know, border collies can work any stock, but I think it would be more correct to say that the breed was developed mainly to work sheep (hence ISDS = International Sheepdog Society) and therefore are sheepdogs. Border collies who work cattle are referred to as cattle dogs, but I wouldn't classify all border collies as cattle dogs, since I imagine far more border collies work sheep than cattle.

Julie

This is all I got at the clinic myself. I did something similiar for Sue but it was with her camera. I wish I had done it on the days there was sun but it still is fun to see.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/bro...=1168963432.pbw

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/bro...=1168963562.pbw

I didn't have close ups of the pups that are any better than what Laura posted, so instead here are some pictures of the "big dogs" and a few other things. Sorry for the poor focus on some of these shots--I'm still figuring out the camera, and it was hard to tell about sharpness on the small screen of my laptop, so I'm just leaving them all here.

Jack:

IMG_0079.jpg

One half of our wonderful host team?Patrick looking like a real farmer with a little pocket dog in his arms:

IMG_0029.jpg

The ?volunteers? in the big field:

IMG_0045.jpg

Sue?s Celt:

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

J.