BC Boards

Tess

I have alluded to Tess having cancer and finally able to write about it. She has leg cancer and not much time left so we decided to go on a short camping trip.

She love to camp as that means she gets all sorts of extra treats, play time and hogs the bed. She is enjoying it so far. Me, I have been sad and crying and hugging her. We are going to have to say "good-bye" soon.

http://deltabluez.blogspot.com/2012/12/back-on-grid-for-short-time.html

So sorry to hear that your beloved Tess is so close to passing, but I'm glad you have this opportunity to spend some special time with her. We've had 2 go due to bone cancer in a leg and I know how hard it is to say good bye, but how important it is to recognize when it's time. My heart goes out to you and you will be in my prayers.

I'm so very sorry. I have never had the pleasure of meeting Tess in person, though I feel as if I "know" a tiny portion of her through your blog.

The great ones always leave such a hole in our lives when they pass. It seems sometimes as if the pain will never end. I hope that soon you'll be able to appreciate all that you've gained through Tess, more than all that you've lost through her passing. Cherish your last days, weeks, hopefully months together.

I love the pic of Tess that you used to have on your blog heading, one could see what a talented sheep dog she is. It is so noble of you to dedicate this time to her and I am sure she is in heaven on earth right now. Bless you for being such a caring person! I know there is more pain a head for you and hope you will find some comfort in knowing you have given Tess the best life possible.

I just put a pix of Tess up on my blog heading...it was from 2008. I believe she was 10 yrs old. I also added two days worth of videos. I am going to feature her for the next few days. She madebe old, half deaf and blind and lame but she still is the queen. She runs to the gate and the other dogs back up QUICKLY to get to of her way. If they have a toy in their mouth and she approaches them, they drop it for her. She loves for them to fetch the toy, then waits until they are ten feet from me, takes the toy and proudly carries it the rest of the way to me. If the toy is in the pond, the other dogs will swim to shore where she takes it from them as well. They all let her do this.

I love the pix that I put up. It was takenby BOnnie Block and we were in the shedding ring

http://deltabluez.blogspot.com/

Update on Tess....we are giving her tramadol every 4/5 hr and that helps...any longer and her eyes go dull, gets lame and not happy.....so far, the pills are helping....had the Vet Diane come out today and check her out....spleen is maybe bigger, tumor is same size and she has had diarrhea....we don't know why though....however, she felt well enough to help hold sheep in the corner of the stall...actually, we had the door open and Rainey and Teine on the down and sheep were eyeing them then suddenly backed way off and I saw Tess was standing in the doorway.....salivating and leaning forward......I told her to come in and help, expecting her to walk carefully around the two dogs in front of her....but oh NO, she fricking LEAPED over them.....which was quite amusing as I was atop of a ewe holding it and you can see what happened next....mutton busting....yea-haw......but she held the ewe for us. She also helped herd the chickens and everytime a stall door was open, she bolted in.....totally ignoring my commands.....then to top if off, somehow snuck a large rawhide bone off the counter and was making a quick getaway when I took it from her......she has good and bad days but at least she is not in pain.....now, she is passed out as it was a full day for her......my ass is sore from the ride around the stall though! :P