BC Boards

Waist pack for training, cleaning & care

ashmore113

Hey y'all! I know this is probably a really dumb question but, how can I safely & effectively clean the inside of a fanny pack and a soft portable water/food dish I just bought for my pup, that won't ruin the bag/portable soft dish?

The waist pack is made from Jansport and I plan to carry dog food in it to use for training and the soft portable dish for water when we are training away from home. I'm sure this is probably a simple, "warm water & a little soap" answer I just wanted to see if anyone else uses these with their training and if they have found things that work vs. things that don't work as well. Thanks everyone.

You'd probably get more answers if you post in the "General" section rather than here, which is for stockdog training, where fanny packs for treats and such are not usually used.

I have a pack that I just toss in the laundry when it gets dirty, and it comes out nicely clean. I do the same if I use a portable dish/water dish. The fanny pack has a moisture-resistant lining in the main part and so I don't use a baggie unless I plan to have something really moist, like string cheese, that I might be using to train a little pup.

If I'm putting something that will leave a lot of crumbs in it, I will vacuum it out first so I don't end up with damp food stuck in the crevasses and then get food mold. I have one that can simply be turned inside out for washing.