BC Boards

Sunday at Shoofly

Shoofly

You guys tired of my new camera yet?

Sunday morning service at Shoofly:

57818362.jpg

57817429.jpg

I can't believe these guys all sat still for this. This is my team of trial dogs (the 3 Open dogs on the left, Zac the PN/Nursery dog on the right). I think Spottie looks like she's thinking very hard up on that rock.

57817428.jpg

More pictures are at

http://www.pbase.com/robinfrench/march_26_2006

Wobin,

I really really need to know this. Every time I head down your way in the spring, I see those fuschia coloured flowering shrubs along the road and wonder what they are, and nobody has ever been able to tell me their name, and now I see some in the background of one of your shots.

Do you know?

BTW, nice pics, and I feel a little better about you tormenting me with spring since we're getting closer too. In fact, I have high hope for this week, every day is supposed to be sunny and 13 degrees celsius or above.

Andrea

Beautiful photos, Robin! I was just nosing around your website, and saw the new page you put together of all the photos of your dogs taken by various people, i.e. Denise, Christine, Mark, etc. Gorgeous! What a neat page, what stunning dogs, and what great friends you have...

Jodi

Hey A. - Easy one, they called red buds and i could even send one or two home with you in May if you'd like. They surround my place and i just love them. Glad spring is springing there. It's about 60 degrees here and i just got a phone call from a friend who's at the farm with her dogs this morning - the first Shoofly lamb just popped out right in front of her.

Thanks Jodi, you're right, i have *great* friends and darned talented too!

Awesome pictures. I've been wanting to try my dog on sheep now that she is a little bigger but everytime I think spring is finally here, I wake up the next morning to an inch of snow :rolleyes: Your green fields make me jealous :D

ahhh your first lamb, what flavor?

I just had a lesson this morning..talk about one of your days..

Fred looked like he need a little lead in his ear...Tak was up to his usual tricks and I am giving my 12 occlock and then heading back to the safety of my covers and see if I can pretend that this day never happened....sheesh...what a mess.

2 new lambs, apparently vanilla flavored since they're both white. I hope it's a trend, i've been getting lots of black lambs the last couple of years. I'll head out in a bit to see them and check for boy vs girl.

Expect more pictures of lambs this week.

Thanks everyone for the springtime photos. It's great to see the lambs, the flowering plants and, of course, the dogs! Keep 'em coming!

Isn't it great the days are getting longer - and Daylight Savings time starts this coming weekend! Yippeee! More daylight to train in (dang, day job :mad: ).

[Edited to add] - Hey Mark & Renee ... we expect a full report on Bette's debut! Cous Annie can't wait! :rolleyes:

Eastern Redbud. Cercis canadensis. I might know a horticulturalist with some seed in her pocket if you really want some . You can buy established plants too (might be easier) from anybody that sells native trees and shrubs. There are also several nice cultivars available.

Lisa