BC Boards

Red Dog

kelpiegirl

I hope this is okay Sheena. I hoped we could post our condolences for your loss of Red Dog. I feel that through all your stories of his escapades, and you're seemingly very clear view of what he was feeling, that it would be good if we could pay our tributes to the boy.

Red Dog: I am so sad for your loss, not because I we knew eachother, but because I knew how deeply you touched your mom Sheena. Anytime we lose our heart dog, we lose a part of our heart. Time eases the pain, but time does nothing to diminish the bond, and the longing to see your friend again. Take heart Sheena, that Red Dog will see you again, when you are both on the other side. God Speed red boy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dread going through what you are going through now some day - my Maggie is another one of those very special dogs that no other animal could ever replace. You have my heartfelt condolences and all the virtual hugs I can give - RIP Red Dog.

So sorry to hear the news. There just aren't any words that are very helpful at this time, other than to realize how fortunate we are to have those very special ones in our lives for however long they can be with us. We're thinking of you,

A

http://threewoofs.blogspot.com/2008/01/lit...that-could.html

Zephyr made a small donation to TDBCR in honour of Briggs - without your special red dog, I wouldn't have my crazy brindle puppy. RIP Briggs, run free at the bridge where there are lots of woolies for herding. Hugs to you Sheena, I can only imagine how much your heart is hurting right now.

I know no words can bring you comfort at this time, and that the pain is intense. You were lucky to know him, but he was lucky to have you. You gave him a home and a family, and your heart. He is pain free now, and running with the wind in his beautiful coat, probly already straightening everyone out at the rainbow bridge. In time, this will bring you comfort. I always thought of him as a wisened old professor. With impishness about him.

RIP Red Dog, God speed. And ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) to you Sheena.

I have been logging in every day hoping for a miracle but dreading the inevitable. I really don't know that there is anything that anybody can say right now to ease the pain. Losing a heart dog isn't something that I ever want to go through and I am so sorry that it has happened to you. If I could reach through the internet and give you a hug right now I would. Take comfort in knowing that he loved you very much. You gave him a great life and did whatever you could for him, and for that he will always be grateful. And think of all those other border collies that have been helped through TDBCR, you always said he was the reason you rescued BCs. They owe him their life- what a wonderful contribution to the world he made.

My dogs think I have gone mad because I very rarely shed a tear about anything, but they are happy for the extra hugs I am giving them. Give yours an extra hug for me aswell.

RIP Red Dog, you were a very special man, loved by strangers all over the world. The world is a lesser place without you.

{{{{{{Sheena}}}}}} we are all here for you hun, when you are ready.

Bec

We are so sorry for the loss of Briggs. I know that he is the reason that you started TDBCR, through which hundreds of dogs have found homes. Without Briggs, I wouldn't have Wick, and I am grateful every day for the work that you do for Wick and all the rescues. What he meant to you was communicated so eloquently through your words and loving portraits. My heart aches for your loss.

He was a good dog. RIP, Briggs. You were loved.

briggs.jpg

Rest a well earned rest, RD. Sheena, I admire your guts, but don't envy you your pain. I promise, it gets better, but you never really get over it. This churns up my memories of the last days I had with Pete.

You did right by RD. That's all anyone can ask.

It is amazing that someone I have never met, have never spoke to and is on the other side of the world has had me crying buckets

But now he is not in pain, he needs no meds to run. That brave dog is waiting for you with lots of good people to look after him till his family come and get him

so sorry

Thanks everyone.

It's been a difficult weekend for me. Hard to believe I lost two old friends not even three months apart, but of the two it is by far the worst to lose my Briggsy, who was like a part of me. Even as I grieve for him, I look for him to comfort me. It's very difficult to remember he's gone, even while his absence is enormous and crushes me.

Thanks for all your posts, and emails, and messages and blog comments. It is at least a little comforting to know that over the years I somehow managed to translate his immense importance in my life to yours. I tried my best to do right by him his entire life, because that's the respect he gave me. There will never be another like him, that's for sure.

Thanks again,

Sheena