geonni banner

blabbermouth

• Registered Users
  • 3,737 posts
  • Interests:Photography, dog training, samurai movies, anime, illustration

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:51 PM

Attached File  index.jpeg   20.16K   10 downloads

James Rebanks  Flatiron Books 2015

What a gorgeous book!  This is an unvarnished account of the life of a shepherd in the Lake Country of Northern England.  Beautifully written with intimate detail, the prose reflects the author’s love for his calling, its landscape and its people. 

The native Herdwick sheep, the people and dogs that tend them, and the Fells in which they fit like a well-worn glove, are brought to life and the real landscape is seen in ways that only a person born and bred to that life there can see them.

The photographs, all by the author, are evocative and a perfect complement to the text.  I couldn’t put this book down.  Go straight out and get it!

What would Rainbow Dash do?

My blog is atpeacewithpink dot blogspot dot com

With%2Bthe%2BBarbados.jpg

#2 gcv-border

gcv-border

• Registered Users
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

Thanks Geonni. I have the book sitting on my nightstand. I am looking forward to reading it. Based on your recommendation, I should make sure to have a  block of free time to read through it. :)

Jovi

"Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog."  Charles F. Duran

#3 mum24dog

mum24dog

• Registered Users
  • 2,949 posts
  • Interests:Agility.<br />Clicker training.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:32 AM

I'm sure he makes more money from his consultancy business than from farming or writing. That's unfortunately the way of the business nowadays.

He writes a column for one of the mags I read while waiting in the hairdressers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, ©2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.