BC Boards

Genealogy

I do not have all of Tempe's pedigree together but at least on the dam side (Kip) you can see that under Mark's (Pipedream) Jody since they have the same momma.

Her dad is a Hob Nob dog and her grandsire is a Spot dog but can't remember which...

Now I have to go home and complete the pedigree - ya'll are making me do it

Originally posted by Katelynn & Gang:

Does anyone have dogs without Wisp in their pedigrees? If so, can we see those pedigrees?

Kate,

My main working dogs don't have Wisp in their pedigrees. I don't have a website to post the pedigrees to though, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

J.

Okay, I'm totally jealous here. Those of us with rescue pups really can't trace our pup's lines.

Solo is a rescue and I have his papers. For that matter, Skeeter is a rescue and I also have his "papers" (they are from a puppy mill paper mill).

How can you tell if pedigree papers have been faked in any way? Is that one of the things that ABCA does - makes sure pedigree information is correct? In other words, if the parents of the pup have ABCA registration numbers that are real, can you be certain the pedigree has been checked?

Hope this ? isn't going to off topic, Meg's Mum.

Margaret - i'm not sure what you're asking? ABCA provides pedigrees based on information from puppy breeders and generates a pedigree from their database. If you put in dog 1234 and bitch 3456, the pedigree is generated based on that. ABCA provides a pedigree with an embossed seal on it as an original.

Okay, I don't have a scanner here at home, so I broke out the ol' camera and photographed the darn things.

Here's the link to the site with the images (I figured y'all would prefer a link to big long images here in this thread):

http://tinyurl.com/eg3my

Twist and Kat are my main working and trial dogs (their pedigrees are the two on the right). Boy is a retiree, but since I had the pedigree I thought I'd include it. For laughs, I also added Farleigh's (name on pedigree is King Rae--the one on the left). Farleigh is a rescue (private) and his pedigree is interesting for how closely bred he is (no branches on that tree!), which probably explains his kookiness. I know nothing about his breeder, but suspect it was a BYB kind of thing (unless someone recognizes the name and knows otherwise?).

J.

Originally posted by juliepoudrier:

Kate,

My main working dogs don't have Wisp in their pedigrees. I don't have a website to post the pedigrees to though, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

J.

*Edit* We must have been posting at the same time! Thanks for posting them!

I'll take your word for it Julie.

Anyone who wants to make a fast web site with a pidigree and picture (like I did) can just go to tripod.com. Its free, easy, and super fast! It only took me 45 minutes or so to do all of mine! :rolleyes:

Katelynn

Thanks Robin - that's what I'm asking - you actually get the pedigree papers from ABCA for particular dog reg. numbers. I remembered seeing threads mentioning bad breeders possibly faking pedigrees, and didn't know whether or not that would also mean fake ABCA reg. number (if that makes sense).

Margaret - It's all contingent on the breeder actually being honest about the breeding, and not everyone is unfortunately.

Hey Julie - looked at Farleigh's pedigree, recognize lots of the dogs on back a bit of course. You're right though, that's not a family tree, it's a family stump!

Solo is a rescue and I have his papers. For that matter, Skeeter is a rescue and I also have his "papers" (they are from a puppy mill paper mill).
I'm pretty sure that my rescue did not get any papers for Allie (I was told that the person surrendering Allie said that she purchased her from a breeder in Kansas and had gotten papers, but she didn't bring any records, not even of vaccinations.)

However, I didn't really ask for any at the time we adopted. Now, six months later and better educated, it would be interesting to know what her lines are, and so I may contact the rescue to see if there is any documentation.