BC Boards

brindle pics

andy2006 - I love the colour of your pup (was looking at the other thread before posting here), so pretty!

sea4th - Satch looks almost exactly like Lightning! I can't get over the resemblance. What is Satch's story (purebred, mix, purchased, adopted...?) Lightning's got the same tri markings that are brindled, and simlar amount of white on him too. Similar coat length (possibly just a little shorter, he's quite smooth with a bit of length at the back of his legs etc.), same crook in the tail, etc. His story is that his dad's a purebred, mom came from a feed store that takes in unwanted puppies and finds them homes. She was called a BC/Lab I think, but looks pretty labby. Hard to say if there's anything else in her. The man who owns her often takes her to work with him (he rents a studio at a farm), and he thought the farm BC was neutered. 11 puppies later he found out how wrong he was. All the pups found great homes though, and 2 of them stayed with mom (and got fixed!) Here's Lightning, though his brindling is much lighter than in looks in the pictures. His eyebrow spots and cheeks are actually much lighter, along with the legs. When he was a little puppy the brindling was there but not as noticeable as now. As he's grown up (2 now) it's become more pronounced, especially on his cheeks. It's hard to see in the pictures, but there is also a bit on his chest, just at the edges of his white.

LightningCutie.jpg

3058768_resize.jpg

3058690_resize.jpg

MariaLightning.jpg

MariaLightning2.jpg

This thread might help you out:

http://www.bordercollie.org/cgi-bin/ultima...c;f=14;t=000846

Basically, you need to have your pictures on the web somewhere (photobucket is a free photo hosting site, or personal websites, or something like Dogster). If you right click the photo and go to "properties" there will be a picture URL. Select that, then copy it. Go back to the boards and on the full reply form there is the "image" button. That will open a little window where you can paste the photo URL. Then you can preview your post to see if it worked!

I don't know how much sense that would make to a not-so-puter-savvy person but it might get you started!

thanks for all thed pretty pics.

for my pictures, i just registered onto dogster.com, and uploaded my pics from my dvd drive onto dogster...

can be time consuming though..and then

i just posted my link

by typing my address

www.dogster.com/?444784

the ?444784 was assigned to me by dogster.com

i sure hope this helps... i am sure there is an easier way

i suspected that Andy might be all BC but wasn't sure....her behavior sure seems BC but i didn't think brindles were too common in BC and am surprised that someone would leave her at the pound...she is such a good girl so maybe she was herding or acting neurotic for her previous owners...anyways we love her now

thanks for all the input

Satchmo is purebred. How do I know? I bred him.

This is his mom, Flick:

c95ee268.jpg

I bred Flick to Imp. Russ - a imported working Irish dog. Sorry, no pics, but Satch looks more like his sire, although his sire is darker and actually brindled throughout, and that really isn't evident unless you're standing in the light.

LIttermate Rhona is here, last one in this category. She too has brindling on the legs.

http://www.gis.net/~shepdog/BC_Museum/Perm...olorSmooth.html

I picked up a rescue a couple of years ago who resembled Satch. Chase also had brindling on the legs. What made it even more curious, he came from the area that the Irish dog lives in. I took Chase, and while he turned out to be a wonderful dog, I don't think he has any BC in him.

Chase:

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/BCBWE/chasw4.jpg[/img]

Is he filthy, or is he just Satchmo:

a3f9934e.jpg

I don't know much about photobucket, but it looks like you took the thumbnail image. Try.....this:

brindle2.jpg

just click on the picture first and go from there (I guess) to get the big one.

Very cute BTW!! And beautiful brindling. My girl always lays just like that. :rolleyes:

Zephyr is a brindle border collie who may or may not be mixed. We adopted him from That'll Do Border Collie Rescue (thanks Mr. Snappy!)

326932239_2dd17bc856.jpg

326932243_ce1b34faaa.jpg

His litter had two sable/brindle pups - the rest were black and white or tan/red and white.

He's only 12 weeks old so we'll see what he looks like when he's older :rolleyes: