BC Boards

Relatives???

Thought I would throw this out there and see if I get any responses. I was wondering if anyone on the boards has gotten a BC from "Shepherds Joy Farm", in Abbingdon, Va. More curious than anything. I hope to be going to the Finals as an observer and thought that possibly someone may have a dog there from the same parents. The breeder is Jack Ferratt, and the dog parents are Meg and Buzz.

Anyone know of anyone who has one of his dogs? I would love to either chat on line and/ or meet at the finals and see if there are any looks or personality similarties.. :rolleyes: I have Phoenix (male) and my daughter has Amica (female) , from the

September 11th, 2004 litter.

It appears that Shepherd's Joy is principally a bed and breakfast; their website does not indicate that this is a volume breeder. Apparently, the parents are bred infrequently, as the last litter referenced was whelped in June 2006; see link Shepherd's Joy You might try e-mailing them for further information on the dogs, if you have not done so already.

You are right about the Bed and Breakfast. It's a beautiful old 19th century home restored to period, and the ambience is warm and comfortable. We stayed there overnight before we picked up our Phoenix.

Their BC's, Meg and Buzz have had I think 4 or 5 litters over the last 3-4 years. I was more curious than anything to see if anyone has gotten one of their dogs. I would just like to see how the pups have grown up and how they look and or their "personalities". Maybe a bit on the silly side, but the 2 pups we got (my Phoenix and my daughter's Amica), from the same litter, are like carbon copies of each other, and from what the breeder says, Phoenix is just like his dad and Amica like the mom, (both in looks and personalities). I just hope Phoenix will eventually herd sheep like his parents, they are awesome to watch working. Both parents are working dogs and have an interesting pedigree.

At any rate, thanks for your response....I know those pups are out there somewhere :rolleyes: