BC Boards

Bar at the Bluegrass Classic 2016

Bar is my young Open dog. He was a two year Nursery dog, qualifying for nursery finals each year. He turned 3 at the end of January and the Bluegrass was his 4th Open trial. He has a very nice way with sheep but his tendency to overflank can be a problem on range sheep like these, as it puts him in their eye to the point of shutting them down. We had that problem in our first run so we made some course corrections and had the mantra of "flow before lines". That is, I made the decision to forego the perfect line until first Bar had the sheep moving off him nicely. I might have even chanted that as he lifted the sheep. :D

He is a very honest, earnest little dog, and while his eye can get him in trouble, it also makes him an exquisite driving dog whom you can set on a line and then just let him paddle. His favourite part of a trial course is the cross-drive, of all things! If I can put him on a nice line, he can take it from there.

The video is from Dave Imas and Catbird Video Production. They will be at the NCA finals, Meeker, and the finals at Carbondale.

I thought it was going to be about a bar and beer and the like. But this is much better. Very nice dog!

Yes, poor Bar and his confusing name. It is an especially bad name for an agility dog! One of the challenges of buying trained dogs - they tend to come with a name already. :D