BC Boards

Type of Coat?

Hello!

I'll be bringing home my first border collie at the end of the month (so excited!!)

He's a gorgeous little Blue Tri boy.

I am wondering what type of coat he'll have?
His mum was relatively smooth, and his dad was rough - the breeder thinks my little boy will be medium like his Dad.

When I met him at 7 weeks, he was much fluffier than some of his litter mates but not as fluffy as other BC pups I've seen.

I'll adore him no matter what, but just curious as to what opinions are on what his coat will be?

First pic is at 7 weeks, second is about 6 weeks and third pic is about 4 weeks.

post-19909-0-51498400-1492045617_thumb.png

post-19909-0-24454700-1492045853_thumb.png

post-19909-0-96851800-1492045957_thumb.png

SaveSave

SaveSave

It's really hard to tell when they're still wearing puppy wool, but watch the fur behind his ears. If it's long and fuzzy and has a fluffy tuft look, it may be that he'll have a longer coat. I have two 10 week old smoothies and they don't have any ear fluff to speak of.

He's incredibly cute! :wub: Congratulations!

It's really hard to tell when they're still wearing puppy wool, but watch the fur behind his ears. If it's long and fuzzy and has a fluffy tuft look, it may be that he'll have a longer coat. I have two 10 week old smoothies and they don't have any ear fluff to speak of.

He's incredibly cute! :wub: Congratulations!

Thanks Gloria :)

I think he's pretty cute too! Counting down the days til I can bring him home! :)

Thanks for the tip about the coat! Here's a photo of the top of his head haha, I don't know if this helps to give a bit more of an indication? I'm not really sure where to look! :wacko::)