• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Shetlander

Shetlander

Life is a beach.

• Registered Users
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

Thanks, everyone for the thoughts and sympathy.  It has been so comforting.  It is only other true dog lovers who understand the special kind of grief over the death of an animal.   Considering how Sassy’s last year was a long, slow fade, I am actually  a little surprised by how much I miss her gentle, sweet presence. I keep looking at the spot where I laid the fuzzy throw for her to sleep on in the living room, as if she should still be there.     

In a world full of misery, the loss of one little dog who lived a long and happy life is so insignificant in the scheme of things.  At the same time, in a world full of misery, we need to surround ourselves with as much happiness and beauty as possible.  For almost 16 years, Sassy was a consistent source of loveliness and comfort, no matter the harshness of the rest of the world.

Thanks again for understanding.    

Liz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.