BC Boards

Growling in a Pup

A more specific scenario is needed. Please elaborate. :)

Got my answer in a Search. Thanks for replying but it was aggressive with bites, not fear growling, Dealth with No and some short crate time out and then positive reinforcement for good behavour. Gina is so smart its scary.

Got my answer in a Search. Thanks for replying but it was aggressive with bites, not fear growling, Dealth with No and some short crate time out and then positive reinforcement for good behavour. Gina is so smart its scary.

You realize, of course, that almost all aggression in young puppies (not all but danged close) is defensive and based on fear, right? And that 'fear aggression' is a phrase for a reason? And it doesn't mean the dog cowers, tail tucks and runs away and only bites when cornered. And that growling doesn't mean 'I want to bite you' but "I am uncomfortable and am warning you/trying to make you stop so I don't *have* to bite to make you stop' . And that dogs with truly aggressive intent are almost always silent? You know those things, I'm sure.

I mean assuming we discount over-arousal and over-excitement and just being mouthy, which I am doing.