BC Boards

Bandanas

Fergie is offended by bandannas most of the time. I think the point of the bandanna ends up getting in her way. Then again, she happiest without a collar.

Guest LJS1993
Fergie is offended by bandannas most of the time. I think the point of the bandanna ends up getting in her way. Then again, she happiest without a collar.

Freckles would end up chewing the bandana and leaving it on the floor. She hates having things around her neck.

i've seen people on the trail wearing the bandanas backwards with the triangle on the back instead dangling in the front. I checked on orvis.com and they seem to have this "cooling bandana" where you soak it in water and its supposed to help the doggie cool off. but then isn't that the same thing as trapping the heat in? nways, just for pure looks if my dog doesnt mind ill get her one

I don't see any real use for a bandana, TBH (I don't add anything to my dogs for aesthetics--they're plenty gorgeous just the way they are!). With one exception--I have a friend who has a bunch of blaze orange bandanas that she used to tie around her dogs' necks when they went trail riding in the woods (private property, but you know how that goes) during hunting season.

J.

Banfield always puts bandanas on our dogs when they go to the vet so I've got a negative association with them and the dogs always pull them off in the car on the way home anyways. I do think that a brightly colored bandana for hiking isn't a horrible idea though since we hike a LOT.

Ceana is very proud and excited when we put her collar on her, but I have always gushed over her and told her how pretty she was when we placed it on her (did not want to risk the chance of her pulling off her collar and running... she is chipped) So we probably conditioned her enough that she would love a bandana lol

I don't like bandannas as I think it makes the ruff on the neck all tweaked. Though I did buy a checkered flag patterned one (it had velcro ends, btw) for River to wear as a puppy when I took her to the motorcycle racetrack. But she doesn't wear one at all anymore.

My dogs all like bandanas, but Speedy likes them in particular. He loves his decorative collars for Freestyle, too. When you put something "special" around his neck, he starts to preen.

It's handy that he likes a bandana. Often for demos I'll put a fun bandana on him.

Actually Black Jack does like his bandana. He always struts around when you put it on. I don't always put it on for him since I think he's cool even without it, and with a leash it's a pain in the rear to have it on. I should get one of those that is a collar/bandana :rolleyes:

Here's Black Jack and his favorite bandana

IMGP0276.jpg

kingsley's ok with bananas.. and yes.. i do put one on him when we go hashing or hiking to prevent him from getting mixed up with the other dogs.

he does seem to know that wearing stuff means going out.. and will sit to let me put on his bandana or tee. and once it is on.. he will be extremely hyper and excited.

i make him wear tees when it is raining to prevent his underside from getting dirty when we go out for walks.

Usher has never worn one, except on the 4th of July. All my other dogs wore them every time they went out. I thought it just showed people that they were well cared for and special dogs. Oh yea, some of them had visors, too- :rolleyes: yea, I did it- When we had a boat. The dog that got to go on the boat that day wore the life jacket and the captains hat. Miss Lacey had her own visor with her name on it. The only time it didn't bother her was when she was fetching tennis balls in the river- must have helped with the glare with the sun over the river- LOL. And, yes, My old dear departed, Mick, had his revisable sheepskin/hunting blanket jacket. I've gone over-board, turn me in.

P.S. My dogs would actually walk right into the bandanna's readily happily to wear them. I got them for a dollar and must have about 50. Every occasion, holiday......I can see the men in the white coats coming.........gotta go.

P.S. I had "glow in the dark" sheep bandanna's.

Molly occasionally wears a bandanna to look nice. Especially if we go to something western. It doesn't bother her in the least. If it did, I wouldn't have her wear them.

Now the underwear so she doesn't drip all over the living room when she's in heat.. that's an entirely different matter....

Then they must be coming for me too...lol. My last dog, Reilly, had a bandana for every occasion, and I do mean EVERY occasion too! :rolleyes:

She also had a warm, heavy winter dog coat(mint green) and a flourescent vest that she wore when we hiked in the East coast (Mass, VT, NH, Penn, and Maine) woods. Because of the hunters. I didn't want them mistaking my little brown mutt girl for a deer or something....(I've heard worse).

My sister even bought her a raincoat for my birthday!!

P.S.

I won't even get into all the different collars and leashes she had for every occasion...(What else is a girl to do?)

Poor Usher is left with pink collars. Since I had 5 females. I admit......I have an obsession with collars and leashes and bandanna's. Usher's newest bandanna is a "Harley" one the BF bought - it says bad to the bone, But, it's black & white and doesn't show up, but he wants him to be macho. I love the American flag with a BC. Usher has many coats, I'm so ashamed. Passed down from many years. Mostly pink- poor guy. He does have a red raincoat, also his "service dog" vest. Although I don't think he deserves it, my neuro does. Do tell me what I am doing with one dog, 5 dog houses, 2 full kennels and 10 collars and 30 leashes?

Color me border collie obsessed.

I don't think Dazzle cares either way. When she was a pup she won a little (very nice, with Velcro) bandanna - so she wore it a lot. I put a bandanna on her if we go do some public event - the people all love it. :rolleyes:

Or in the heat, I can put a wet bandanna around her neck and that helps.

i noticed that some of yall have what my friend described about her dog too...how they *enjoy* wearing something pretty. my dogs are pretty w/o it, always. it's just somehow dogs with bandannas seem a bit more approachable than a collar.

btw i noticed how yall mentioned about velcro bandannas and the ones S&K posted above. do yall have to go to a specialty pet store to get those?

Before the term "Barbie collie" came into vogue, "bandana collie" was the term which described pet or sportie collies, so I have strong negative connotations associated with bandanas, sorry.

Anyone going to make a trip to disneyland soon??

I can go to Disneyland any time if you really want one :rolleyes: I only live 20 minutes down the freeway

Chesney would probably wear a bandana. I do have a rebel flag bandana but I have never thought of putting one on for more than a picture on like the 4th of July