BC Boards

Soldier Hollow Classic 2010

Kelliwic Border Collies

Good night! Tom Wilson and Sly are SMOKING HOT after about a day and a half of running. Plenty of excellent dogs yet to run, of course. :rolleyes: At the moment they're in the lead with a 92; next nearest at the moment is Lyle Lad and Shep with an 82. The highest score yesterday was Jean Gellings and Star with 79.

Friday Scores

Saturday Scores

Scores are sorted lowest to highest (why?), then DQs & RTs.

Good night! Tom Wilson and Sly are SMOKING HOT after about a day and a half of running. Plenty of excellent dogs yet to run, of course. :rolleyes: At the moment they're in the lead with a 92; next nearest at the moment is Lyle Lad and Shep with an 82. The highest score yesterday was Jean Gellings and Star with 79.

Friday Scores

Saturday Scores

Scores are sorted lowest to highest (why?), then DQs & RTs.

I don't know why they sort them as they do, but I am just thrilled to see my Bet's two offsping in the Finals, Dot and Buzz. bet is one proud mom! And I should mention dad, Hap,m who I was fortunate to get to borrow last year to trial. Wonderful family of dogs.

Now I wish to see Moss get in with Candy Kennedy--he's the sire of my pups.

Wish I were there--it is a great trial to watch.

Best of luck ato all running tomorrow.

I'll post some pictures later tonight. Who else is here? I'm here, as is Deb (AllyOop). Sly is awesome! Lyle Lad's run with Shep (82) wasn't chopped liver either.

Hi Jan,

If you are taking photos tomorrow and have a chance, I would gladly buy some shots of Candy Kennedy's Moss. He is up 28th. Are you going to put your photos up on Smug Mugs again so we can buy them? ( By the way--you really don't charge enough for your photos).

I love the ones I bought of Lyn from last year, and I bought one of Buzz for Suzy and she has it hanging on her wall of photos.

Is Anna there again this year? I enjoyed visiting with her last year.

Have a great time. Wish I were there!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn! Your "relatives" are doing you proud indeed. I posted a few pictures and hope to get more, especially on Monday. I'm slightly distracted this year.... my younger daughter's getting married here in Utah next Saturday!

Congratualtions on your daughter's wedding!! How convenient for you that you could combine a trip to Utah for both SH and a wonderful fmaily event.

Say HI to Anna for me. She, Connie and troops on top of the hill have a tough job.

Oh my goodness. I would LOVE to have seen this Finals!!! First three dogs DQ/RT. Then Suzy Applegate and Buzz posted a 92!!!! Another RT, then Tom W. & Sly posted an unbelievable 96!!!!! The efforts being put forth by all these dogs must be amazing...sounds like really tough sheep, countered by some incredible work. I SO wish this was being webcast!

(Yes, I'm a page-refresh nerd... :rolleyes: )

ETA: also a not-paying-attention nerd. 96 seems "unbelievable" but then I forgot there are more points possible today. I'm impressed anyway!

ETAagain: Apparently at least 126 points are available, according to Faansie Basson and Jill. I guess I'd better shut up and just watch (er, refresh) quietly to myself. :D

170 is the top score - 50 for each gather plus 40 for the drive and then 20 for the shed and 10 for the pen.

Oh my goodness. I would LOVE to have seen this Finals!!! First three dogs DQ/RT. Then Suzy Applegate and Buzz posted a 92!!!! Another RT, then Tom W. & Sly posted an unbelievable 96!!!!! The efforts being put forth by all these dogs must be amazing...sounds like really tough sheep, countered by some incredible work. I SO wish this was being webcast!

(Yes, I'm a page-refresh nerd... :rolleyes: )

ETA: also a not-paying-attention nerd. 96 seems "unbelievable" but then I forgot there are more points possible today. I'm impressed anyway!

ETAagain: Apparently at least 126 points are available, according to Faansie Basson and Jill. I guess I'd better shut up and just watch (er, refresh) quietly to myself. :D

Sunday so far (copy/paste from site):

6 Tom Wilson and Sly 96

9 Bill Berhow and Mike 93

4 Suzy Applegate and Buzz 92

7 Faansie Basson and Jill 126

8 Haley Howard and Ross 113

5 Linda Tesdahl and Suede 0RT

2 Dennis Gellings and Jan 0RT

1 Suzy Applegate and Dot 0RT

3 Wilda Bahr and Liz 0DQ

The final results are:

1st Jean Gellings and Star 133

2nd Faansie Basson and Jill 126

3rd Lavon Calzacorta and Tess 113

4th Haley Howard and Ross 113

5th Dennis Gellings and Jake 100

6th Beverly Lambert and Nell 97

7th Tom Wilson and Sly 96

8th Bill Berhow and Mike 93

9th Suzy Applegate and Buzz 92

Linda Tesdahl and Suede RT

Dennis Gellings and Jan RT

Suzy Applegate and Dot RT

Patrick Shannahan and Riggs RT

Wilda Bahr and Liz DQ

Lyle Lad and Shep DQ

Jean Gellings & Star really did have a nice run, as did Faansie & Jill. The day was cool and sunny, and the wind didn't kick up too badly. It did seem hard for some of the dogs to find the sheep, and hard for some to make the first turn into the cross-drive, with there being a strong draw from the exhaust pen. I took way too many pictures, and I'm sure it'll take me quite a while to get through them all (curse of the DSLR), but I will post a few of the fun ones soon!

Seriously, all these teams are brilliant.

I think folks sometimes forget this. Thanks for the reminder!

Gotta be, just to get the invite, even. :rolleyes:

Beverly Lambert wrote about each of the runs on the Sheepdog News blog. More detail on some runs than others, but hitting all the significant make or break moments. I am glad she took the time to share all that.

Just walked in the door after a long drive home. This trial was spectacular as usual. The sheep were exceptionally nice this year (well, at least *I* thought they were--the handlers, maybe not so much!). They have always been great, but this year they were just really sweet. Mark works all year to put on the classiest trial ever, and I think we had a record number of spectators this year--I have not yet heard any official numbers, but the projection was for 31,500!!

Jan, I know you're working on the wedding now, but when it's over, I can't wait to see your pics from Soldier Hollow,

A

Just walked in the door after a long drive home. This trial was spectacular as usual. The sheep were exceptionally nice this year (well, at least *I* thought they were--the handlers, maybe not so much!). They have always been great, but this year they were just really sweet. Mark works all year to put on the classiest trial ever, and I think we had a record number of spectators this year--I have not yet heard any official numbers, but the projection was for 31,500!!

Jan, I know you're working on the wedding now, but when it's over, I can't wait to see your pics from Soldier Hollow,

A

GREAT job of setting sheep ... both you and Connie deserve a award for making all the sets so even. Sorry we didn't get to visit more (but thanks for the shade from your trailer :@)

Archived