Molly's agility thread.

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

So, right now we're doing some very basic work on 'we don't do agility when you're out of your mind, dog' stuff - at home for now, when we get back to practice we'll take it with us and build from there.   Not running any classes with contacts at the next trial so I think that'll help give us some time, since those are the things that requirer the most thinking from her. 

For now, though, we're setting her up at the startline, leading out and - waiting on something beside a fixated stare at the first obstacle. Eye-contact, ear flicks, yawning, ANYTHING that isn't a fixated stare at the course, before release.   So far it's cut down on nonsense by a lot.  It'll be harder to get at a practice and then at a trial and a more busy environment, but I think long term it'll help.

#42 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

Molly got her novice weavers title this past weekend - forgot to update.  Also had a gorgeously fast tunnelers run that was just perfect.  

Neither of those excite me near as much as this:

#43 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:55 PM

We have a trial this weekend.

Molly got some Qs and a couple of titles this weekend.  

More impressively (to me?)  

Molly a-) handled what, IMO, is a very challenging trial environment (this venue is rough) and b-) 

4AtHQLP4PacVNifhF5Up.jpg

SHE WENT TO SLEEP.   Between the ring and a loud-as-heck interstate, and a TRIAL. 

!!!! YES. GOOD.   

#44 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

Progress, man.  Sometimes I'm not sure it's happening.  Then I get video and look back.

It's happening.

#45 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:32 AM

This cracked me up - and to be very clear I KNEW she was locked onto that pigeon before I released her but also knew that I couldn't do a thing about it at that point, so. 

Quite happy with the recall back, though (and the laugh track).

We did have one decent run.  Not in focus, but.

#46 GentleLake

GentleLake

• Registered Users
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

Total tangent here, but it's really interesting that despite the distance, motion and lack of focus on the video how the brown in Molly's legs shows up. Has it developed that much more since you posted full body pics of her or is it a trick of the light?

"People in your life always come and go all the time; the dogs are always there for me. Always." ~Samantha Valle

#47 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

Total tangent here, but it's really interesting that despite the distance, motion and lack of focus on the video how the brown in Molly's legs shows up. Has it developed that much more since you posted full body pics of her or is it a trick of the light?

It hasn't... spread or necessarily lightened much, but it has become much more visible and defined.  Like the older she gets the more you can see 'traditional tri' markings.  Still very, very dark brown and in some lighting people in person can't see it at all, but it almost always shows up in photos.   The stuff on her legs, anyway.  Her face is still sometimes iffy and takes brighter light.

#48 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

and I should really get new photos at some point.  It'll be interesting to see what the trial photographer gets this spring, for comparison too

#49 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

I realized I have a decent shot of her face - though from April. 

7ERxS2PSB7iwE3ZzF5Up.jpg

Okay, actually I found it on the photographer's website, realized I didn't have it and threw money at her because it's stinking gorgeous.

#50 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

1qAqmasLCzHBbkf8F5Up.jpg

7sGO3sAL8rZlBWrrF5Up.jpg

I took new pictures today.  Make of them what you will.

#51 GentleLake

GentleLake

• Registered Users
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

Funny. So little brown/tan shows in these pictures that it could be shadow or lighting. Yet it was quite evident in the slightly out of focus video.

"People in your life always come and go all the time; the dogs are always there for me. Always." ~Samantha Valle

#52 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

65OTwrcGWRQNSX2DF5Up.jpg
She matches the watermark. 

Also: Extension, much?

#53 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:54 AM

Molly's been getting all the agility attention/training/lessons since our last trial, and a-) it's helping but b-) holy crap I love my instructor. 

Basically, right now, we're pulling everything all the way apart.  Super short sequences and handling challenges with different handling options, tons of video, watching the video, feedback on what's I'm doing and how Molly's responding to it, suggestions and then doing it all over again. 

I'm really starting to think we're going to be able to *properly* and really get it together. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.