BC Boards

Bark Magazine

ShoresDog

This category seems like the right place to post a shout-out for Bark magazine. I just opened the December issue to see a full-page picture of Melanie illustrating a nice article about the Canine Behavioral Genetics project that she is working on. There is a nice picture of David Henry's McCloud with a somewhat skeptical look on his face as he contributes a blood sample to the project. There is also a story about a couple that started out with one border collie and now own a small sheep farm and twelve border collies. Why will this board be the only group of people who find that completely unsurprising? Patricia McConnell writes a monthly column, and there are NO breeder ads. What a fun magazine!

ETA: The subtitle was supposed to say a "BC leads to farm and sheep" story, but evidently there wasn't quite enough room. Looks a bit dumb the way it came out -- sorry!

I LOVE Bark!! I'm really jealous that you have your December issue, mine's not here yet! HOWL is in stores, now, too...!

I was actually wondering whether this "Books and Videos" forum was for strictly sheepdog books/videos...

This forum is for the discussion of books and videos of specific interest to the owners of border collies. Comments and reviews are welcome, both for old and new works.

It's under "Other BC Topics" not "Stockdog Training" or whatever.

Thanks guys! I think the article came out well, although there's more of me and Solo in it than I thought there would be, and I wish I'd posed differently for the photo of me and Steve, which was printed WAY bigger than I thought it would be.

I took the photo of McCloud with Nick Branson and Donna Dyer. It's officially my second published photo, but the first one is on the cover of Journal of Heredity, which pretty much no one is ever going to see, so this one is more fun.