BC Boards

Agility slip leash

Not sure if anyone can help... or if It belongs here.

At my last show I saw an agility slip leash I really like. I talk with the

person who had it and she gave me the makers website but I lost the website

info. I was hoping to get Cressa a new agility leash for her birthday(March 5th)

and for nationals.

It was a braided pink/black/white slip leash with pink and white skulls and

crossbones on a black collar with fur. (at least that what I remember) it look

like a Martingale Dog Walker type agility leash. Do you know anyone that sell

these type of leashes. The lady said it came in any size, and color.

If you think you know what leash I am talking about could you send the link to

me or something? I've been looking for it and have yet found it.

Very nice, but "prices start at $27" -- !!! :rolleyes:

Then there's us. I made this leash for Juno the other day. Clearly it's primitive, but it took less than 10 minutes total.

742355767_obss8-M.jpg

I used a piece of fleece that had been sitting in my closet for a couple years, can't even recall why I have it (I sew, so there are lots of things like that in my closet!). Juno looooves it, and even Daisy loves it and will tug-of-war with Juno on it, and Daisy never condescends to tug with Juno. So I decided to make some "real" ones, with Martingales. I bought some more fleece, some webbing, some D-rings, and thread. Total materials cost for each collar = $3.30. I'll post pictures of them soon, after I take my Italian class final exam tomorrow. If anyone likes how they look, I'll post do-it-yourself directions.

My friend makes the braided leashes for agility - she doesn't do the collars or the fur stuff, though. And hers are not just felt but rope and felt. I am not an agility person per se, but I love her leashes. The clasps are removable and the leashes are totally machine washable. I think hers are more in the $15 - $20 range.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys I am getting each of mine something from Kathryn's website - the thing I can't decide on is if I get them a standard clip collar and a tug lead to go with it or get a combo collar. What are people's views. I usually run my older girl in a collar but I intend on running the youngster without a collar in the ring. She is also a tug freak and we get disqualified if the dog leaves the ring without being on-lead and being a bit spooky I'd prefer whatever I can get on and off with the minimum of fuss.

Any thoughts?

Ok guys I am getting each of mine something from Kathryn's website - the thing I can't decide on is if I get them a standard clip collar and a tug lead to go with it or get a combo collar. What are people's views. I usually run my older girl in a collar but I intend on running the youngster without a collar in the ring. She is also a tug freak and we get disqualified if the dog leaves the ring without being on-lead and being a bit spooky I'd prefer whatever I can get on and off with the minimum of fuss.

Any thoughts?

The association I run w/ in the states, and I believe most of them, require your dog to run naked; interesting that it's different down there. And in Nadac you are not allowed to leave the ring w/ your dog tugging, must be under control, leashed, play can begin when you're 10-15 feet away from the ring. So my choice was pretty easy I went for a slip collar w/ standard leash so the temptation of tug wasn't in the ring. But as far as a using a standard collar or slip collar I see lots of people using standard collars and it doesn't seem to cause any issues. The slip collar combo has come in handy several times in loose dog situations w/ our fosters, I have several from 4pawfun and they are awesome :rolleyes:

The association I run w/ in the states, and I believe most of them, require your dog to run naked; interesting that it's different down there.

It used to be no collars here in the UK but now flat collars are allowed.

Pam

We only have the option of ANKC (your equivalent of AKC) and your given the option of a collar on or collar off. ADAA exists in some states and that is obviously collar off.

NADAC is in Victoria, Australia.

Go to nadac.com and look up under the calendar.

Can a couple of people do me a huge favour. I have been trying to measure my two for their slip leads so I can get the collar size correct - when I contacted the women who makes them she tells me 14" is usually standard for a BC. Well I have measured both of mine at least twice and think 14" is way to tight. I would get closer to 16". Neither of my BCs are big girls and in fact far from it. My youngster is very small as BCs go.

I was just wondering if somebody could measure a few dogs and let me know what they come up with and whether my measurement is that far off.