BC Boards

Meet our cute foster pup!

Meet Lass, available through the West TN Border Collie Rescue. She's about 9-10 months old, and the silliest, most lap-lovingest (it's a real word look it up!) little girl I've ever met. She has the cutest crooked little grin (remember Denver the guilty dog? Same expression!) and she loves giving hugs. It's been so much fun watching her come out of her scared, insecure shell and transform into a bouncy goofy puppy. But she needs a home and lap of her own, one that's willing to let her take her time getting accustomed to new things.

Here's the rescue website: http://bordercollierescuewesttennessee.com

Here's a link to pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk6JZEoS

^^that is her FAVORITE place to be, and she's well aware she can con DH into snuggling her. I've been teaching her to ask to crawl into my lap, and if she becomes obnoxious, down she goes. But she'll crawl into his lap and wriggle and fuss until he holds her like that. Then she falls asleep. Spoiled puppy!

We've adopted one dog and fostered two others through WTNBCR, can't say enough good things about them.

I love a snuggler, too.

Bodhi, are you listening? (Funny, that dog will snuggle for hours with kids on reading visits and with some nursing home patients. But me? No way. :rolleyes: )

It's a good thing I have Tansy to snuggle with.

But, yes, adorable pup. Thanks for fostering her.

Ugh, I know, Kieran -__- . I try to snuggle with him during naps and at night, but he groans loudly and pushes me away with his feet. His stinky, Frito feet. And here I was looking for a lapdog.

Whoever adopts Lass will be one lucky person! Thanks for fostering such a sweet pup. I hope I can foster dogs one day, too.

• 2 months later...

Happy update! Lass was adopted and apparently it was mutual love at first sight! It sounds like a terrific home for her. She was a special one to foster...very very timid but such a strong desire to please. Her response to simple patience and gentle encouragement was incredible, and it was so much fun to watch her come out of her shell. She was tough to let go, but I'm so happy for her!

• 4 weeks later...