BC Boards

Slippers on the farm

Should show this to my wife, she uses her crocs als as an intermediary between houseshoes and wellies. She doesn't work the dogs though so less risk there.

A very good read during my morning coffee, as I am gathering courage to get up and go feed the sheep and horses ( winter returned, and it's freezing outside).

Thank you :D.

I have already taken mine out. It's much warmer in Poland, but the wind is sharp this morning. At my place, it's much warmer in the forest where I found this lovely salamander in "our" spring.

post-8479-0-06997200-1523005150_thumb.jpg

Beautiful fire salamander, I am jealous ;)

I have always loves "creepy crawlies"; amfibians reptiles insects etc. But here in Iceland no reptile- or amfibian species. I know of an attempt to introduce frogs by a danish docter, and more fecently an escaped illegal pet alligator, those animals disappeared without a trace ( the alligator would in combination withbooming tourism and global heating make a great story for a silly horror movie though...).

Not a lot of interesting insects either though I found an arthropod I didn't know about in a mountain river last summer, Lepidurus arcticus, which rather excited me, to the bewilderment of my fellow riders (we were on a trail ride).

Water for the sheep was frozen as I had suspected...

All the snow disappeared in March,but some returned last week, not thàt much, but everything is white again. Kinda frustrating because I an really keen to put out an exercise group (a mixed bag of some yearlings of which two wethers, and a couple of older sheep) to start training my new dog.

Green grass over there!

The grass actually never completely dies here altogether. We are 200 m from the river it is warmer here than everywhere else.

You will go out there soon and have a great time training your new dog, all the best wishes!!!

great story, great salamander. Thanks for both!

Here, not only is winter over, but the Heat is approaching and most people who live here are seeing it get closer without joy.

There's always the chance that this summer will not be as hot as last summer, but last summer broke the record, which had been broken only a year before by that summer.

So no one here is holding out much hope of a cooler summer.

Here, not only is winter over, but the Heat is approaching and most people who live here are seeing it get closer without joy.

And here, in upstate New York, I woke up to a dusting of snow and below freezing temps again.

We're looking forward to some spring weather here. . . someday. :ph34r:

• 4 months later...