BC Boards

Rescue - Very Lazy BC Mix

Thank you! She is certainly a looker :)

Yes I have definitely mentioned it to the vet. She has run about as much as she can think of (including heart worm). All of her vitals check out just fine and there is nothing that seems askew. We just did our check up heart worm test last month and it came back clean.

In terms of heat she is doing a bit better. It is supposed to be miserable next week so that will be the true test. But she is figuring out that water is okay (though not in hose form or in bath form). I also got her a pressure activated cooling mat which she is highly suspicious of but once it gets really hot at night I think she will figure out it is a good thing. So far so good!

I have nothing to add to the wonderful advice you have received other than to say we have a very laid back BC as well. Jack was a rescue so we have no idea on his back story and at the end of the day, the past is the past all we can do is be in the moment with him.

We're closing in on two years and he still has no interest in chasing balls, learning tricks or agility training. Everytime we try to work with him he starfishes on us and will sometimes piddle. We managed "sit" and "lay down" (which he confuses sometimes) and we're happy with that.

Believe me when I tell you I understand your worry, I've worried over this little dog more than anything in my life. Is he happy? Am I doing something wrong? Etc. The one thing I can say is that when we first rescued him, his ears were down and his tail was tucked firmly between his legs. Now his ears are up and that beautiful bushy floof of a tail wags all the time. He'll flop right down in front of you for a belly rub and loves to be petted/loved on.

Would it be cool to have a BC that does all the neat tricks? Sure! Is Jack ever going to do those things? Probably not. At the end of the day were thankful we have a happy sweet little floof who loves to wrestle with our lab. Heck, we kinda consider ourselves rather lucky that our first BC is so laid back...we've read of horror stories.

Take a deep breath, try not to worry, relax and go with the flow. Sounds like you have a real sweetie