BC Boards

Introducing DeltaBluez Bess

Introducing Bess. Tess is her grandmother. Dan is her sire (Pleat x Tess) and her dam is Imp Sava. (Aled Owen's Roy). She is seven weeks old.

Bess+2.jpg

We had four pups and we had to chose one to stay. This little one captured my heart but I wanted Getty to chose. She chose him and the rest was history. Getty named her Bess (Bessie Smith - blues singer). She reminded him so much of Tess that he picked a name that was close to Tess.

She already had demonstrated she is Tess's granddaughter. Tess had a high pitched ANNOYING bark and Bess has that as well.

Maid is not impressed by the young upstart in the house. Nan just runs off and avoids pups as she doesn't like pup. rainey is so happy to have a dog smaller thaan her that she can boss around and play...but as soon as Bess takes a toy, Rainey runs up and snatches it away. We have a huge toy box with about 50 toys that is for all the dogs but suddenly Rainey has decided she is not sharing. It doesn't faze Bess as she just grabs another toy. She has figured out most of the top half of the house and getting better at potty training.

When you pick her up, she grabs your arms with both of her paws like Tess. even though Sava is her mom, I dont see much of Sava in her. Max, another pup is very much like Sava.

It's kinda nice to have a pup around to spoil. Plus we are ready emotionaly for a new joy to add to our lives.

Will keep you posted. Even if she never makes it as a trial dog, she will stay as a pet. We retired Rainey from trialing as she got deaf in one ear but she helps with lessons and chores. Plus she is my travel dog and night snuggler.

Here is a pic of her being carried back to the barn by my Vet friend....she was protesting as she didnt want to leave.

Bess+3.jpg