BC Boards

Does your dog do this?

:rolleyes: The last week has been very stressful. Having my mom move up and for no reason I just break into tears. Usher jumps on the couch and licks my tears away and rests his head on my shoulder giving me a hug. I only had one other dog do that to me (it was a male, also) I thought Usher just loved everyone, but maybe him being a service dog he is more in tune to my needs. Wonder if any of yours do this?

Willow comes up and licks me and kind of leans into me. Sometimes she will put her paw on my shoulder. This is what she did when I went to adopt her when we went outside into the fenced area to meet each other. Bailey nuzzles me. Ginger just comes and lays down next to me. All three stay glued to me the whole time I'm upset. It is so comforting, isn't it?

It is very comforting. Who needs a man when you've got a dog?

Or 6 :D My DH works full time, plus a part-time job, plus is a volunteer firefighter so he's hardly ever home. Don't think he's clued in yet that might be part of the reason why we now have 6 dogs. Whenever I'm in bed before he's home I'm surrounded by dogs and he has to try to move them if he wants to get in. Now and then he decides it's too much bother and the dogs stay on the bed and he takes the couch. :rolleyes: Guess he should come home earlier :D Actually I was telling him about another rescue, a BC that's supposed to be a "dream dog" that I heard of and he said "so I guess he'll be here when I come home?" I replied, "no, that's not what I was getting at". Him, "But I guess he'll be here when I come home?" Then he was outside at his truck for a few minutes and when he came back in "Did you call her yet?"

If I am upset all of my monkeys make like they are invisible in a hurry,hell the parrot even skinnys up.

Now if my wife is having one of her girly "Boowhos" well then you would think the dogs were all doctors catering to her.

All I have to do is say,

"Fe Fi Fo Fum" and its the sounds of toenails digging into hardwood floors heading for hideouts.

If my wife sneezes,ThunderBolt is in her lap in a flash making sure shes ok.

If I sneeze he just looks at me like I'm interupting his precious Meerkat manor program.

Or 6 :D My DH works full time, plus a part-time job, plus is a volunteer firefighter so he's hardly ever home. Don't think he's clued in yet that might be part of the reason why we now have 6 dogs. Whenever I'm in bed before he's home I'm surrounded by dogs and he has to try to move them if he wants to get in. Now and then he decides it's too much bother and the dogs stay on the bed and he takes the couch. :rolleyes: Guess he should come home earlier :D Actually I was telling him about another rescue, a BC that's supposed to be a "dream dog" that I heard of and he said "so I guess he'll be here when I come home?" I replied, "no, that's not what I was getting at". Him, "But I guess he'll be here when I come home?" Then he was outside at his truck for a few minutes and when he came back in "Did you call her yet?"

We expect a picture posted in a day or two.

My Meg licks tears away. And Rhiw will come and sit as close as he can to me. One day when I was feeling completely overwhelmed, Meg snook up onto the sofa with me ( isn't usually allowed on the furniture.) shuffled over to me and to my amazement, put her forepaw around my shoulders. I wouldn't believe it if anyone else related that story, but it's completely true. The love of a good dog is priceless.

If I am upset all of my monkeys make like they are invisible in a hurry,hell the parrot even skinnys up.

Now if my wife is having one of her girly "Boowhos" well then you would think the dogs were all doctors catering to her.

All I have to do is say,

"Fe Fi Fo Fum" and its the sounds of toenails digging into hardwood floors heading for hideouts.

If my wife sneezes,ThunderBolt is in her lap in a flash making sure shes ok.

If I sneeze he just looks at me like I'm interupting his precious Meerkat manor program.

Hehehe, that's funny!

But my dog is the same way, if I cry or I am upset, he's the first one to come running to me to check what's happening, lick my tears away, push his head right under mine (if I'm laying in bed), and gives me nudges with his nose and even with his paws "Stop it, please! Whatever it is, I am SOOO sorry!". Sometimes he acts as if it's his fault that I am feeling bad. Then he brings me a ball or a toy, to cheer me up :rolleyes: It sure works for him, why shouldn't it make me happy, too, right?!

I've never seen him do that to Chris - recon he doesn't ever cry :D If Chris is in a bad mood, Ouzo stays away from him. If I am feeling blue, he's all over me, but not for long. As soon as he sees me peeking out from my tears and smiling, he leaves satisfied of a job well done. I've tried to fool him into staying longer for cuddle time by pretending I am still crying, but he just gives me this look "Com'on, we both know you're ok now, stop this drama!" :D

Normally I'm more likely to bottle it up and fume, which Kessie often stays away from. I wish she'd figure out that I actually *want* to be cuddled when I act like that. But we keep getting better at "talking" to each other, and maybe I'll be able to tell her one day.

Anyway, when I'm scared (of life, not of a physical danger) I can always hold her and hide my face in her coat. She'll stand there as long as I need her to, and slightly press against me. It helps.

When I actually do cry, she plonks herself down right next to me, touching me with her shoulder, until I'm done. Which makes me cry even more of course, but in a good way. I could (and hopefully will) try as long as she lives, but I'll never ever deserve her.

I've tried to fool him into staying longer for cuddle time by pretending I am still crying, but he just gives me this look "Com'on, we both know you're ok now, stop this drama!"

LOL! Kessie and him should get along really well!

I was wondering when I started this thread if Usher was one of a kind. I am so pleased that he is not. I thought I was "blessed" to have a dog so in tuned to all my needs and thought it was the service dog in him. Clearly it's not. It's the connection between owner and pet. I've been here awhile, but I have only recently noticed the close bonding between certain owners and their beloved pets. It doesn't matter if you have 12 or just one.

Oh, I love dogs! Roxy will snuggle up to me AS close as possible and let me love on her. And if I am sick, she stays in bed with me and won't get up unless I do. It's really sweet, and it makes me feel better, like I should be taking her out for a walk or something (since I am already home and all) and because she's been so good to me.